Sri Lanka got crushed by SouthAfrica for the lowest score in T20s?

SL was completely out played by Saffas. Yes the conditions and the nature of the match favored them highly. A 7 over game was all about power hitting and some good depth bowling squaring the batsmen up. SL was lack of some good power hitters and also bowling with extra pace on which SA have mastered themselves. So... show more SL was completely out played by Saffas. Yes the conditions and the nature of the match favored them highly. A 7 over game was all about power hitting and some good depth bowling squaring the batsmen up. SL was lack of some good power hitters and also bowling with extra pace on which SA have mastered themselves. So ever since the beginning it was Saffas leading from the front.
BTW win is a win and they won by quite a margin!

And believe it or not. SL made 46/5 in 7 which is the lowest total in T20s! Now it’s in the record books although it’s completely unfair to call it the lowest score bcz it was made in 7 overs. The next lowest score is 67 by Kenya in 17 overs and that came in a T20 game, not in a T 7 game!

BQ:- Don’t you get the feeling that these 6/7 over matches are nothing but jokes. You need to have at least 15 overs in an innings. Otherwise better abandon the match.
What are we witnessing lol? 6 a side match with 11 players playing?
Update: Now SL owns the highest and lowest scores in T20s. Highest 260/5(20) vs Kenya. Lowest 46/5(7) vs SA. More like here >
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...
Update 2: @ Hey Raju buddy a great answer. I got your logic. You are damn correct! And look at the link you provided. It shows that 46/5 in 7 overs as the lowest total in T20 history. But i don't know what true cricket record books say about that? For an example if a team bowled out for 49 in a T20 match will the... show more @ Hey Raju buddy a great answer. I got your logic. You are damn correct! And look at the link you provided. It shows that 46/5 in 7 overs as the lowest total in T20 history. But i don't know what true cricket record books say about that? For an example if a team bowled out for 49 in a T20 match will the commentators say that now they own the 2nd lowest score in T20s? Confusing.
And what about this example in an ODI match.
Team batting first 229/8(50)
Team batting second has a reversed target of 101 in 20 overs but ended up getting 31/8 in 20. So should this 31/8 be considered as the lowest score in ODIs outdoing the current lowest score 35 made by Zimbabwe? Very confusing!
14 answers 14