Atheists, do you idolize Joseph Stalin and Mao Zedong?

• Nous
    Best Answer

Why would they idolize Stalin who was a catholic?

Do you idolize him?

Do you idolize Hitler? - Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord. - Adolf Hitler

Do you idolize George W Bush who started FIVE wars in less than eight years stating each time that it was his "God Given Duty” and in 2001 even called it a Crusade!

Not his duty to the electors!

Not his duty to America!

Just his duty to keep slaughtering heathens for his god!

Causing trillions of dollars of national debt that will take decades to repay and 46 MILLION Americans living below the poverty line that Mitt Romney does not care about!

If I were you I would do a little thinking and research before posting and then you will not make yourself and Christians look so silly!

• denski

particularly? appears like Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot were to blame for the most bloodshed ever. I hate to argue moral equivalence, so i'd prefer to make it sparkling that that isn't my purpose, although, it will be viewing the precedence in ideal context to assert that countless the violence adversarial to non secular persons and places of worship below those regimes were throughout the time of revolutions that were the outcome of backlashes adversarial to a lengthy time period of religious oppression. Take Stalin and the Russian revolution - for what number years did the church again the atrocities performed by utilising the Czars of Russia? How a lot Russian wealth did the church ideal? If Stalin and something else were in a position to cajole human beings to lash out adversarial to faith it changed into because their religions had abused them. That said, atrocities dedicated by utilising atheists infrequently disprove the validity of the atheistic position. there's no god even if atheists slaughter absolutely everyone in the international or provide cotton sweet to each ravenous orphan.

No, Stalin was an idiot who is only praised for beating the nazis but when you actually look at all the sh*t he did you realize he probobly prolonged the war and hardship for russia by a few years. Mao destroyed centuries of culture and tradition. Neither is someone to idolize.

• Rikard

Apparently you do not know that Stalin was such a good Christian in his youth that he received a full scholarship to a monastery in Tblisi to become a priest. He decided after graduation to go into politics and use all that he learned at the monastery in his political career.

BTW, do Christians idolize the torturers and murderers of the Inquisitions?

Lately I've been dealing with atheists who claim that these people were religious to shirk the blame. Met someone who claimed that Benito Mussolini was a Catholic. even after I linked evidence to the contrary and act as if Theravada Buddhism was a theistic religion to make it seem as though Pol Pot wasn't an atheist.

• Tim C

Not true, Komrad. Now get back to the reeducation camp, and get off of the socialist workers internet. Only Party members have access to yahoo.

This is a dumb question. Humans have different mind sets. Do you idolize Queen Mary I (Bloody Mary).

I don't know, do you Christians idolize Videla and Koresh?

I'm an atheist,so I don't idolized anyone or anything.

We idolize no one. That's why we're atheists.