Best lip balm for chapped, dry lips?

I don't know why, but if I go a few days without putting lip balm on, my lips go dry and the skin starts tearing...

I have tried blistex, chapstick fresh effects, carmex, and this other one I can't remember the name, but it was in a long gray little tube.

Any recommendations? Also, need a good one that isn't too expensive.

Favorite Answer

I kind of have the same problem, and carry several little things of lip balm with me. I want to say chapstick is one of the cheapest, and that other one called Nivea. The thing is, if you want to get something fixed you probably have to spend a few dollars. I wouldn't recommend burt's bees because it doesn't work very well and is SUPER EXPENSIVE! I bought a chapstick thing from them and it was ten dollars- plus totally not worth the money. So here are my recommendations (from a person who loves lip balm):

1. Eos

OMG THIS WORKED SO WELL! Not only did it taste and smell good, but it really worked on my lips. If you put it on before you go to sleep your lips will be super soft and stuff in the morning.

2. Baby lips

A little expensive (Hey, it's Maybeline) but it works pretty well. This is the one I'm currently using, and I love the smell plus all the lip balms come in sheer colors.

3. Nivea Honeysuckle (yellow tube)

This smelled soooo good and it worked pretty good. This is the one you want to get if you can't spend much.

4. Exfoliating your lips! Since yours are sensitive, you need to make sure you don't scrub hard or anything, but there are two ways I do it.

a. Dampen your toothbrush and lightly scrub your lips for about 20-30 seconds. Pat dry your lips with a paper towel, then apply lip balm

b. Using extra virgin olive oil (like 1/4 a teaspoon) and mix it with about 3/4 a teaspoon of sugar. Using your finger, rub it over your lips (like massaging) for about 20 seconds. Then wash off your lips and pat dry them with towel. Apply lip balm.

Other than that, usually every store has someone who works specifically in the beauty department. (Especially little stores like CVS) Ask them and they will tell you exactly what can work with your lips.

Try exfoliating them once in a while and then moisturizing. Keep that up and your lips will always be smooth. I exfoliated mine with brown sugar with a little bit of oil and it took the dead skin right off! I use Blistex over it and my lips are still smooth even though I exfoliated it a couple days ago.

Burts Bee's is good, but sometimes it dries out my lips. I think Blistex Mint works the same but it's way cheaper. Also there's a duo called "Restore" and "Revive" from Blistex and it works really good! Try some Nivea products as well!

Burts Bees is one of my favorites...Niveah (sp?) works well too. These are just things you can get at walgreens or walmart. This is a little off topic, but I would recommend staying hydrated. All the namebrand makeup lip balms in the world (and believe me I have tried ALMOST all of them trying to keep my lips from cracking) will only fix the problem for a little while if you're dehydrated. Lips are usually where the first signs of dehydration occur so chug chug chug! =) One thing I realized is that I drink a lot of coffee which is very acidic and can dry out your lips so maybe if you cut back on things like that. I've found that if I just keep plenty of water around and keep em lightly coated in Burts or something similar, it fixes everything. Hope this helps. =)

I was at work today and reached in my pocket to find I grabbed an empty tube. I thought I guess I'll try the eos since everyone talks about it. After I put it on I had to keep applying it because all it did was make my lips super dry and I had no other option. (Day before pay day Im broke) 10/10 would not recommend eos

Blistex five star all the way

*DO THIS AT NIGHT* What I suggest would to is to get all the dead peeling skin away from your lips. Take an old toothbrush and brush your lips with it. After that put Vaseline all over your lips. Make sure that you cake it on. *DO THIS IN THE MORNING* In the morning wash your face at take a wash towel and rise your lips with warm water. After that put on a some Blistex chap stick. Do this for a few days and your lips should go back to normal and feel very smooth.

Yes, Burts Bees IS the best!! just make sure its the original, those flavored ones are eh... and the regular one has a minty smell to it!! I have dry lips, and this works the best for me

Source(s): experience

Cherry Carmex!!! it works in like 2 minutes...

Try Burts Bees. Its AMAZING. I also used to have extremely dry lips but not anymooore!!!! :D

Mine's the SAME way. I hate it...

Anyway, I use lip ice, and it's pretty good. Nivea's great too!

Both are affordable :)

I like baby lips it smells amazing,gives a little tint, and moisturizes your lips amazingly. You can get it at any drugstore.

Heres the link:

http://www.maybelline.com/Products/Lip-Makeup/Lip-...