Daphne asked in SportsCycling · 7 years ago

i ride my mountain bike on bike trail. How many calories burned? I'm 5 ft 145 lbs?

yeah just tell me how many calories i burn i do 10 miles in the morning and 10 miles in the evening, i'm 145 lbs and 5 ft tall i think, i am fat, but it hurts my butt and i get tired easily but with biking i dont see it any better than running. i wish i was so drunk right now. thanks. mountain bikes are heavier than road bikes and i think i am burning 200 calories an hour, cuz it takes me 1 hour to ride 10 miles.

• John M
    Best Answer

You burn 35 calories per mile so 350 for the trip. You want to cut back on the food also, drink only water. Keep riding you have to go through butt training it will get better. It takes time to get your body burning a lot of calories. Cycling clothing will help keep you comfortable.

So you are burning about 350 calories in the morning and then in the afternoon. That is 700 a day and it should be noticeable unless you sabotage yourself drinking. Running is high impact and cycling is not so it should be much better for you. 10 mph is normal for a mountain bike.

10 miles an hour on a mountain bike is about normal. See link. Fill in the required info. Click on Calculate. http://www.bicycling.com/caloriemain

400 each way

no, 401

.1