Why aren't the embassy attacks considered an act of war?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago

warfare is political action through different skill. Libyan Embassy attack is an act of warfare. the Embassy is US Sovereign soil an attack on an embassy is an attack on america itself.. Obama will do no longer something, he's in campaign mode and the re-election is more beneficial major.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

An act of war by whom exactly? What nation-state has attacked our embassy? There have been many riots by civilian mobs, but the only soldiers I have seen are those trying to control their own people. There is possibly another more insidious attack by Al Queda or some other group on our ambassador, but again, they have no country to attack.

Finally, if you consider what has happened an act of war - what is your suggestion? Should we go to war with the entire Islamic world?

• 7 years ago

Because the people attacking the embassies are not sanctioned by the government of those countries. We aren't declaring war on France because a bunch of Islamic Extremists in the country attacked our embassy.

• justa
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

An Act of War has a government behind it, terrorists have no country or government.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

By who? A mob in the street? We're already at "war" with Al Qaeda. I guess we can declare double-war?

• 7 years ago

Beats me. If the Libyan government didn't sponsor the attack, they sure as hell didn't do anything to stop it, and almost certainly will take no action against thee attackers.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

we need to bomb the real terrorists

the attacks in libya were obviously a zionist 'false flag' operation to dupe america into continuing to finance and fight THEIR war against muslims for them .

• BoB
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

Same reason we didn't invade the UK after the BP oil spill.

LOL @ Red MD - "Double war" I like it, its a normal war, but you do everything twice.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Against whom?

• 7 years ago

Because the Libyan government had no act in it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.