Need help with slow speeds using wireless connection on PC?

So i have a ASUS RT-N53 Dualband Wireless Router for the wireless internet for my home. The Wireless speed with my laptop works just fine, but I have a ASUS PCE-N10 Wireless-N PCI-E Wireless adapter for my PC and the speed is just horrible! I ran a speed test on my laptop and got an average of 20 mbps for download speed, but on my PC it ranged from 2 mbps to as low as 179kbps. The tests were done in the same spot of the house. I don't know whats going on to slow my PC down. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Try this YouTube video. It works good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pUytxmdStg

Youtube thumbnail

The computing device would have a ton of little utilities that ping distinctive servers for particularly some issues like updates, distant help centers, and so on... Many laptops come preloaded with rubbish and trial-ware till you purchase a corporation style. attempt to identity and uninstall from now on classes working on the computing device. 2 computers shouldn't max out a router. be sure you have encryption became directly to minimized the possibility that different anybody isn't employing your on the spot connection.

You forgot to mention what speed you are paying for. Is it really as high as 20Mbps? Also, have you updated your wifi adapter's driver?