World History Questions** PLEASE HELP!?
I've been making really bad grades on my World History tests because the teacher teaches out of the book and I do not understand. Can anyone please tell me the answers to all of these questions?
1. After the collapse of the western Roman Empire Europe experienced: A- a new political class, B- a blend of Greek, Roman, and Germanic cultures and traditions, C- a period of civil wars, D- a vast increase in literacy and technological development.
2. Which Frankish king briefly unified western Europe?: A- Clovis, B- Pope Innocent III, C- Charlemagne, D- Charles Degaul.
3. Clovis preserved much of the Roman legacy during his rule, and like Constantine Clovis converted to?: A- Islam, B- Judaism, C- Christianity, D- Buddhism
4. Pope Leo III proclaimed Charlemagne to be Emperor of the Romans because Charlemagne had?: A- Crushed a rebellion in Rome, B- Converted his kingdom to Christianity, C- Defeated the emperor of the Eastern Roman empire, D- Driven the Muslims out of spain.
5. What crop restored fertility to the soil in the three-feild system of rotating crops?: A- Legumes, B- Corn, C- Wheat, D- Potatoes.
6. what was the purpose of the Missi Dominici that Charlemagne sent throughout his kingdom?: A- They set up schools, B- They administered the law, C- They fought the Muslims,D- They worked as Missionaries.
7. In the later Middle Ages, the Church: A- Allowed women to become priests, B- Encouraged increased education for women, C- Refused to allow nuns to set up schools, D- Withdrew many rights that nuns had enjoyed.
8. What was the result in the Church reforms of Pope Gregory VII in 1073?: A- Monasteries performed a vital role in keeping learning alive, B- The church emphasized official christian beliefs to combat heresies, C- Only the church could appoint church officials, such as bishops, D- Bishops could no longer interfere in monastery affair.
9. During the High Middle Ages, one method monarchs used to gain more power was to: A- Alow nobles to raise their own armies, B- Broaden the power of Church courts, C- Strengthen ties with the middle class, D- Wage warfare by appealing to national pride.
10. What caused the dispute between Henry II and Thomas Becket?: A- Becket wanted the king to give legal rights to the peasants, B- Henry claimed the right to try clergy in royal courts, C- Henry sought a divorce with Becket denounced as heresy, D- Becket argued in favor of habeas corpus.
11. In 1122, the treaty called Concordat of Worms gave the church the sole power to: A- Excommunicate the Holy Roman emperor. B- Invest bishops with fiefs, C- Prevent bishops from accepting jobs from monarchs, D- Elect and invest bishops with spiritual authority.
12. What was an effect of the Hundred Years' War?: A- English rulers turned to new trading ventures overseas, B- Trade and manufacturing declined throughout Europe, C- The loss of English lands shattered French dreams of empire, D- The war helped ensure the feudal system will continue.
13. After the Reconquista was complete in 1492, Queen Isabella: A- Established a policy of religious tolerance throughout Spain, B- Launched a crusade against Jews and Muslims, C- Massacred Muslims in newly conquered Granada, D- Moved Jews and Muslims to a colony in Portugal.
14. Science made little real progress in Europe in the Middle Ages because: A- Science was considered to be related to magic and witchcraft, B- Most scholars thought that all knowledge must fit with Church teachings, C- Translations of Greek science texts still had not reached medieval Europe, D- The study of science was banned from medieval universities.
15. Which of the following was an effect of the Black Death?: A- People developed greater religious tolerance as they united in prayer, B- Doctors trying to stop the epidemic made rapid advances in medicine, C- Peasants migrated into large cities seeking medical care, D- There were large increases in wages and prices throughout Europe.
16. One major reason why universities began to emerge in medieval Europe was that: A- People questioned Christianity and turned toward secular studies, B- Increasing numbers of women demanded a good education, C- Scientist hoped to find a cure for the Black Death, D- Better -educated clergy were needed for Church positions.
17. Which statement accurately expressed Saladin's role during the Crusades?: A- Under Saladin's leadership, the Muslims captured Jerusalem in 1187, B- The Europeans defeated Saladin and won back control of Jerusalem, C- The Europeans chose Saladin as leader of the third Crusade against the Muslims, D- Saladin was the Christian leader of the fourth Crusade that resulted in the capture and looting of Constantinople.
17. How did the Domesday Book help to establish the power of the English monarchy?
18. How did young people benefit from becoming an apprentice? How did guild masters benefit from taking on an apprentice?
- 7 years agoBest Answer