need help with a question on my shsat workbook?
In the diagram above, ABCD is a square. AEC is an arc of a circle centered at D, and DEB is an arc centered at A. Find the measure of angle EAD.
and here is the picture of the diagram.
can someone please explain how to do this one?
- icemanLv 77 years agoFavorite Answer
Need clarification please, the provided diagram does not represent the given/requested information clearly.
- MorewoodLv 76 years ago
I think iceman had a bad day. No diagram is needed here.
1) There is a circle centered at D through A and E. What does that say abut AD and DE? (Definition of a circle.)
2) Another circle is centered at A through D and E. What does that say about AD and AE? (Same question.)
3) Given (1) and (2), what kind of triangle is AED?
4) What is the measure of every angle (including angle EAD) for such a triangle? - You should know this immediately, but if not, You SHOULD know that:
a) angles opposite equal sides in a triangle are equal, and
b) the sum of all the angles in a triangle is 180 degrees (or pi radians, or 200 gradients, or 3200 milliemes, or 3000 Russian mils, ...)