Concerns about Israel?

You know a couple years ago, I was a strong, firm supporter of Israel, and I believed the United States should always support it, but now that I read about their history, it seems a little sketchy. I mean if you look at the Lavon affair in the 1950s, where Israelis recruited Egyptian jews to bomb american posts in egypt to make it look like Egpyt did it, to gain back control of the sinai peninsula, it kind of makes me doubt their friendship to our country. Some people talk about Israel considering Iraq their number one enemy (claiming that they convinced us to invade Iraq), because they claimed Saddam was the new hitler, much the same way we are doing now with ahmadinejad. As a result, some people say we are fighting some wars for israel as opposed to fighting solely for our own national security. What do you guys think?

• Alex G
    Favorite Answer

I'm somewhat ambivalent about Israel - I think it was probably a big mistake for the Jewish people to create the state of Israel at the time and in the manner it was created.

On the other hand, I'm more concerned about Islam, which is a much bigger problem for everyone, and would be even if Israel never existed. Look at all the killing all over the world which has nothing to do with Israel - Muslims killing Christians in Indonesia, Philippines, Egypt, etc.; killing Sikhs and Hindus in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh; killing secular, progressive-minded "Muslims" (i.e., heretics or apostates, according to Islam); killing women and girls for "infidelity" or "honor", whether real or imagined; killing gay people; killing people who simply say or write or believe the wrong thing...

NONE of that has anything whatsoever to do with Israel.

• porada

Senator McCain has a verified tract file in aiding Israel at the same time the senator from unwell. Informed the Jewish people that Jerusalem must no longer be divided but tomorrow told the PLO that Jerusalem will have to be slip in order that they would manage part of it. The senator from sick. Only says what the humans need to hear on the time and does now not relatively stand for a lot of whatever as opposed to his on obstacle.

I think it was a pretty pathetic attempt, seeing as very little damage was done to the "targets" and no injuries resulted from the bombs.