Concerns about Israel?

You know a couple years ago, I was a strong, firm supporter of Israel, and I believed the United States should always support it, but now that I read about their history, it seems a little sketchy. I mean if you look at the Lavon affair in the 1950s, where Israelis recruited Egyptian jews to bomb american posts in... show more You know a couple years ago, I was a strong, firm supporter of Israel, and I believed the United States should always support it, but now that I read about their history, it seems a little sketchy. I mean if you look at the Lavon affair in the 1950s, where Israelis recruited Egyptian jews to bomb american posts in egypt to make it look like Egpyt did it, to gain back control of the sinai peninsula, it kind of makes me doubt their friendship to our country. Some people talk about Israel considering Iraq their number one enemy (claiming that they convinced us to invade Iraq), because they claimed Saddam was the new hitler, much the same way we are doing now with ahmadinejad. As a result, some people say we are fighting some wars for israel as opposed to fighting solely for our own national security. What do you guys think?
3 answers 3