Why are people giving Obama so much crap over the whole mining situation?..?

I understand that there are alot of people in the mining industry, but it isn't like we can run on coal and oil forever. Isn't it better to find other power sources that won't run out now, instead of dealing with it when it REALLY becomes a problem?

Favorite Answer

exactly

the stages of fuel were, wood, whale oil ( seen many whales lately), coal, oil nuclear and now solar

there is still plenty of coal in america but it is the most dirty and dangerous of all jobs to find it, it causes CO2, greenhouse gas for global warming around the world thousands of men die in mine accidents and billions of $ of costs due to its pollution are paid by us all

it does make the coal mine owners $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Source(s): physics of energy and economics
  • I fully agree with Richard. And this is coming from someone whose family has been split by this issue. The fact of the matter is, just because they put themselves in a position to rely on coal for jobs, doesn't mean it is for the greater good that we continue on with this asinine practice. It is dangerous, dirty, and illogical. I back Obama on this, and I tell my family that condemns Obama for it to go to college and find a job with more security. It has never been a good job anyways. Between black lung and mine explosions and the coal companies treating those men like dirt... minimizing this industry is the best for everyone involved except the greedy companies that deserve it. OBAMA 2012