Triple Bypass Surgery after Heart Attack?

My dad suffered a heart attack on Sunday night (without even realizing it) after having come chest pains and sweating he was blaming on indigestion. After undergoing some tests and today's angioplasty, they determined that he needs an emergency triple bypass surgery tomorrow morning at 8am. As expected, the... show more My dad suffered a heart attack on Sunday night (without even realizing it) after having come chest pains and sweating he was blaming on indigestion. After undergoing some tests and today's angioplasty, they determined that he needs an emergency triple bypass surgery tomorrow morning at 8am.
As expected, the family is absolutely terrified, as is he. They told him he was lucky he came in when he did, and didn't continue to ignore and try to self diagnose his symptoms. His arteries are severely blocked and not having discovered this would have likely caused him his life.
I am hoping if anyone has had any experience with this themselves or with family members, that they could give me some hope. My concerns are mainly with the risks they have mentioned with this. For one, he is overweight. He has also been on blood thinners since he got there to avoid clotting because of the severe blockage. This puts him at risk for bleeding during surgery. And, because he already had a heart attack and had damage to the heart, that is an additional risk when doing this surgery. Instead of a 97% success rate, he falls in more of a 90% rate. 9/10 surgeries in his case are successful.
So these are pretty good odds and I should stay positive and know he will be OK, but of course I am a total basket case and can't help but worry.
If anyone has any personal stories they could share, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.