Which is better: Mount Vernon, WA or Bakersfield, CA?

• Rev
    Favorite Answer

As far as I'm concerned, it's Mount Vernon hands down.

Bakersfield as I remember it passing through is a really large and very hot (think desert) city between Los Angeles and Fresno.

Mount Vernon is a smallish city of roughly 30,000 people. It's located between Seattle and the Canadian border. It's in a prime location if you like the outdoors because it is near ocean, rivers, lakes, mountains, and forests. And Washington is home to 3 national parks and lots of wilderness.

I must admit my answer is somewhat biased, as I love the outdoors and I much prefer smaller cities to large ones, and also I live about half an hour away from Mount Vernon. If you prefer an urban lifestyle and hot weather, and also are looking for a larger job market, then Bakersfield might be the better choice for you. But if you like nature and living in a much less crowded place, then choose Mount Vernon.