My external Mic isnt working HP?

First off, I'm not the random person out there who doesn't know how windows or computers work. Now my problem is, my external mic won't freaking work on my laptop. When I open the recording devices, I see the Integrated Mic/Mic/Line in/Stereo Mix I disabled the integrated mic, since I do not with... show more First off, I'm not the random person out there who doesn't know how windows or computers work.

Now my problem is, my external mic won't freaking work on my laptop.
When I open the recording devices, I see the Integrated Mic/Mic/Line in/Stereo Mix
I disabled the integrated mic, since I do not with to use it, I want to use the Mic (which is the external mic) The Stereo Mix/Line In are unavailable (but I don't need them, P.S. the Line In is NOT the external mic, before anyone says I should use that)

The properties of Microphone are correct, it is NOT muted and should operate perfectly, when I listen to the device I do hear noise, but it somehow doesn't record my voice!

I also tested the mic on a different computer, works like a boss, no problem. But this idiotic HP laptop which my university gave me, somehow can't freaking figure out what a microphone is. I'm really pulling hairs right now out of frustation, because there is nothing wrong with my mic/settings.

Even the port it self works, cause I can make it 'record' sound when I plug it in.

Now what the **** should I do to fix this, really really annoying issue?

P.S. I did update the driver
P.S.S. I'm not going to use that oversensitive ******* internal mic.
Update: @ D McC I did not disable the internal mic, it's auto disabled whenever I plug the external mic... The external mic becomes the default device/default communication device. But that isnt the problem, the problem is that it doesnt record any sound, e.g. The green bars next to the device (which indicate if... show more @ D McC
I did not disable the internal mic, it's auto disabled whenever I plug the external mic...
The external mic becomes the default device/default communication device.

But that isnt the problem, the problem is that it doesnt record any sound, e.g.
The green bars next to the device (which indicate if there's sound recorded or not) does not react to anything. The internal mic does record input, but the external doesnt... That's the problem!