Young-Adult novels with depth?

I love YA stand-alone novels with depth... I like romance in them, but most of the times it doesn't work and stands as a distraction to the greater meaning of the book, if you know what I mean. Some of my favorite books in this genre are: The Fault In Our Stars - John Green What Happened To Lani Garver... show more I love YA stand-alone novels with depth... I like romance in them, but most of the times it doesn't work and stands as a distraction to the greater meaning of the book, if you know what I mean.

Some of my favorite books in this genre are:

The Fault In Our Stars - John Green

What Happened To Lani Garver - Carol Plum-ucci

Please Ignore Vera Dietz - A.S King

Wake - Lisa Mcmann

Speak- Laurie Halse Anderson

The Sky Is Everywhere (not the whole love triangle thing- that was so stupid. I loved how hard it was for her to get over the death, and the pain she felt after losing someone so close to her. The poetry was amazing!) - Jandy Nelson

Identical - Ellen Hopkins

Impulse (Again, not for the love-triangle. The romance was badly constructed, but I still liked the book) - Ellen Hopkins

Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver

On the Jellicoe Road - Melina Marchette

The Little Prince - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

I'm planning on reading the Perks of Being a Wallflower, by the way. (:

Thank you for your consideration! C: