Ryan asked in SportsBaseball · 7 years ago

How much is a regular home run baseball worth?

I caught a home run baseball at the Dodgers game about a week ago and I was wonder what a game used home run ball would roughly be worth? I don't want to sell it but I would just like to know a rough estimate of what it might be worth? More than a $100? Also if I were to meet the player who hit the home run how much would he want to pay for a home run ball that he hit? Just say your best estimates.

Thank You. Serious Answers Only Please.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

It depends on who hit the home run and what its significance is. More cases than not, that baseball isn't worth more than $5 since it wasn't hit by a star player/future Hall of Famer. If you were to catch say someone's 400th or 500th home run or a player's 50th HR of the season, then you may have something.

• 7 years ago

About $7.

• Erich
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

A few bucks.

The player wouldn't care to get a regular home run ball.

• David
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Ordinary home run ball? Not a milestone ball or first major league home run. Might be worth five bucks. And I doubt any baseball player would buy a home run ball unless it was a milestone.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • NITWIG
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Probably just a few buck depending on who hit it. If its Derek Jeter probably $40 or $50 bucks. If its Joe Blow probably 4 or 5.

Source(s): A's fan.
  • 7 years ago

maybe 10 bucks?

if it was hit by a star maybe more

david freese's game 6 home run was worth like thousands of dollars.

• 7 years ago

If you can't prove it's a home run ball, it's worth the same as a foul ball.

• 7 years ago

Depends. Who hit it?

• 7 years ago

Unless it was something special, about $5.

• 5 years ago

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.