What frustrates you most as a fan of Science Fiction/ Fantasy about authors of that genre?

More or less I am curious what sort of things you are tired of in the Sci-Fi/ Fantasy Novels. Authors can sometimes not strike a right note, or perhaps you're just tired of reading stories with similar elements to them? What (off the top of your head) would you like to see. Anything from Plots to Storyworlds to... show more More or less I am curious what sort of things you are tired of in the Sci-Fi/ Fantasy Novels. Authors can sometimes not strike a right note, or perhaps you're just tired of reading stories with similar elements to them? What (off the top of your head) would you like to see. Anything from Plots to Storyworlds to annoyingly generic characters. I am a writer and find myself wondering what people are craving for or simply tired of seeing over and over. Also what completely turns you off of a novel?

Thanks for any and all input.