Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 8 years ago

The preamble to the U.S. Constitution?

I have homework and I had to read an article and the question is:

Explain the preamble to the Constitution.

I can't find the answer anywhere in the article so can you help. I'm in 8th grade by the way.

• Jay
    Favorite Answer

The Preamble is a brief introductory statement of the Constitution's fundamental purposes and guiding principles and what the Founding Father's wanted to achieve with it.

The text reads:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

I think the point is for you to read the Preamble, and then think about it, and explain what you think it means.

You, like many students these days, seem to be under the impression that you should be able to do a five-second-long Glooble search and "find" the answer to homework questions, when instead the idea is for you to train your own brain. So do that.

Try re-reading the article.

I know its really hard to understand what its really saying. I got this from a webstie and it makes sence to me. Plesase check it out, because it will really help you.

http://www.beaconlearningcenter.com/documents/5215...

This will also help

http://const4kids.forums.commonground13.us/?p=19

• Pat

you're not supposed to read the damn ARTICLE.

You're supposed to READ THE DAMN CONSTITUTION.

holyfuckinhell.

HOW LAZY CAN YOU BE?