What can I make with boneless chicken?

So my family won't eat chicken on the bone. I bought a bunch of chicken legs, and am boiling them. After that, I'll scrape all of the chicken off the bone, but then what do I do with the chicken pieces? we're kinda in the mood for BBQ. Does anyone have any recipes?

Thanks! I think we're going to do BBQ chicken sandwiches :) And in answer to a question, my wife is actually the one who won't eat chicken on the bone...so its just become a habit to not eat bone-in chicken!

Favorite Answer

Personally I don't like boiling chicken because, contrary to what you would think, it tends to make it dry. I suspect this is because it leaches out all the fat.

I would cook it a couple different ways:

- In a crock pot with 1 envelope of taco seasoning and a small jar of salsa, cook on low 10-12 hours or high 5-6 hours, then shred the chicken with a couple forks and stir. Serve on burritos, tacos or salads.

- Put it each piece in a foil pouch with onions, apples and craisins/raisins. Sprinkle with some cinnamon or nutmeg then grill for 40 minutes. .

- Make a chicken and rice casserole. Put 2 cups of instant rice (or 1 cup of regular rice) in a rectangular casserole dish. Mix 1 can of cream of <something> soup with enough water to make 2 cups and mix with the rice. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and your favorite herb (Thyme and Rosemary are my favorites for chicken). Lay the chicken on top, cover and bake at 350 for an hour.

- Slice it up and make stir fry. Cut up 3-4 different vegetables and stir fry similar hardness vegetable until tender crisp, take them out of the pan and set aside. After all the veggies are cooked, cook the chicken until its no longer pink. Add the vegetables back in then add some storebought sauce. Server over rice.

What my family does with BBQ chicken is really simple. Generally, we boil the chicken (with the skin on) for 10 minutes after the water has started to boil. Then, you take the chicken out, let them cool and then take off the skin. lather the chicken in your choice of bbq sauce and throw them on the grill to cook the remainder of the way. It's delicious and simple. Of course, all of this means that you have to keep the chicken on the bone, but you can always shred it at any point.

Also, you could make a "chicken sloppy joe". Crisp up the chicken on the grill, slather more bbq sauce onto them and then stick them in a hamburger bun.

• farina

Next time, try roasting the chicken instead, for more flavor. one thing though....SAVE YOUR STOCK!!!

You could simply simmer some shredded chix meat with BBQ sauce and have sandwiches...you can do virtually anything with the meat:

chix salad

fajitas with peppers and onions

chix tacos

chix and dumplings

chix soup

chix paprikash over noodles or spaetzle

curried chix

creamed chicken......

It is endless really. I wonder why they won't eat it off of the bone. If it is your children, who taught them to not eat it that way? Just curious

shred the chicken and mix with bbq sauce and put on a bun.

• Pieman

Chicken casseroles, chicken tamales, chicken sandwhiches, chicken salad, baked chicken, fried chicken.

paprika chicken!

cube chicken, fry, just before its ready stir in paprika. ENJOY :D