Koria
Lv 5
Koria asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Does Karen Lewis, Chicago Teachers Union President, get paid enough?

71330 - Union President Salary

64157 - IL Fed of Teachers - State Union Salary

(67,000?) Unknown - Salary for being Chemistry and AP Chemistry teacher for 25 years.

202,487 = total.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-09-11/news...

In this article you will find that her compensation is:

Teachers union officials declined to provide information on Lewis' salary. But Stewart made $211,119 in 2009, her final full year in office. Lewis took over as president for part of 2010, and was paid $71,330 by the teachers union that year, records indicate.

Lewis also is eligible for compensation from the Illinois Federation of Teachers, and in 2011 she was paid $64,157 by that group, records indicate.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • John M
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Her salary is harmful to her health, she obviously spends too high a percentage of her income on munchies.

We need to help her save herself by firing her.

• 4 years ago

It isn't simply the Dems who've prompted/allowed this situation. The lecturers should not the obstacle generally both. The largest drawback is how money are misused. University boards and each the Democrats and Republicans are the situation. There's a good danger that if colleges have been grew to become over to private events and taken out of presidency control they would be much better. Seem in any respect applications run by using the government and tell me which one runs efficiently (none that i know of). We must discontinue teaching persons who should now not be right here to start with. Earlier than a student can attend ordinary courses they should have got to be informed in English, although our faculties taught them 8 hours a day in a category separated from the leisure of the pupils it could be an development. My 2 oldest sons spoke Spanish once they came to the USA but inside 1 12 months they had been ready to speak close to ideal English. The voucher legal guidelines which were attempted have been mounted to aid the low earnings households but where I reside the low revenue areas acquire extra funding for institution than the higher classification who pay extra of the taxes. Our schools want most important work to fix the issues.

• 8 years ago

AND yet....The children in Chi Town suffer because their education is less than adequate.

Throw more money at it or just get better educators?

I would not stop if I lived in Chicago to oust the existing debacle called a teachers union for something that would always put my children FIRST!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I'm not a fna of his, but Mike-Huckabee put it sraight last night when he said america has much respect for teachers. what they don't have respect for is their refusal to accept ONLY a 16% pay increase which outs them in a 60k-80k annual earning bracket.

Most ppl in america are getting paid less and less each year. yet when the teachers get a pay-INCREASE; they feel entitled to more. how does that work?

Source(s): I'd say YES 60k+ is fine for a yearly income. unless you live in some expensive house which you shouldn't have bought in the 1rst place. or unless you have 4+ children. which in BOTH cases would be the individuals fault.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Depends on the cost of living in Chicago

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

She needs to pay her fair share. We need to tax her 90%. She can keep $20K.

• ?
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

She apparently works three jobs.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

She certainly eats enough.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

SO WHAT? Romney made $20 million last year

• 8 years ago

How much does Rahm Emanuel (or however it's spelled) make?

He should share his wealth with her.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.