Why would killing neighbors barking dogs be considered illegal?

Polite requests from all surrounding neighbors have been ignored and laughed at by morons with caged dogs in back yard. These dogs bark ALL NIGHT long. There is no dog control due to local political incompetence. At this point, we are all at the boiling point. ALL local law enforcement ignores our complaints. ... show more Polite requests from all surrounding neighbors have been ignored and laughed at by morons with caged dogs in back yard. These dogs bark ALL NIGHT long. There is no dog control due to local political incompetence. At this point, we are all at the boiling point. ALL local law enforcement ignores our complaints. I'm about to just take these dogs out. I've read about the poison hamburger ideas, or just a couple 9mm shots apiece will do the trick. Why is this consideration illegal?
Update: All these touchy-feely responses are cute, but have YOU spent the last 3 years listening to these poor dogs bark, howl, whine in 90-100 degree heat, snow and freezing weather, rain, thunders storms, etc??????? 24 hours a day????? I have no intention of killing the dogs. So-called law enforcement has been to the... show more All these touchy-feely responses are cute, but have YOU spent the last 3 years listening to these poor dogs bark, howl, whine in 90-100 degree heat, snow and freezing weather, rain, thunders storms, etc??????? 24 hours a day?????
I have no intention of killing the dogs. So-called law enforcement has been to the house several times, but NOTHING is done. They leave and 15 minutes later the dogs are barking again. Humane society is useless, they have told me and neighbors that there is no evidence of abuse?????? And their amusing 24 hour a day voice mail message informs to call police......Waste of oxygen. I've read the stories online about neighbors flipping out and shooting offending waste of humanity who keep their dogs outside 365 days a year caged or chained. BUT, what are our rights to not have to put up with this 24 - 7????
So, to all you self-righteous responders just shut up the pie-hole.
Also, we've all tried the useless dog bark stoppers on the market. These