how to sing high notes like christina perri?

I want to be able to sing like Christina perri, like her high notes and her beautiful voice and stuff. Any tips on being able to sing higher? I can't sing that high so any help is appreciated, thanks(:

Favorite Answer

Christina Perri doesn't sing that high. Her voice is very much in a low contralto range, but even so, HER high notes are sung in a head voice. You may not know how to get into this register, so you strain when you try to go to the higher parts. Or you just have a very low voice.

I've sung a few of her songs and had them transposed UP. Which means you can always transpose the songs DOWN. The problem you might run into would be that the songs could now become too low for you to sing. In that case, it's not a matter of whether you can sing high notes or not, but if you have enough overall range (as in number of notes you can comfortably sing).

No you can't suddenly develop more range by singing scales. In fact, trying to force yourself to sing higher and higher, with no knowledge of how high you can actually SAFELY go, might cause damage to your current voice. If you want to make YOUR voice sound more beautiful, you'll just have to take singing lessons from a real teacher.

However, Christina Perri is Christina Perri. Trying too hard to sound exactly like another singer whose voice may be completely different than yours will only make you frustrated and feeling like you have no talent when you might be an incredible singer, but not one that sounds like Perri.

By the way, I don't try to sound like Perri when I sing her songs. I do try to stay in the appropriate style (I usually sing classical music--so I'm not using THAT voice). Of course, there's always someone who will come up to me afterwards and point out that I don't sound like the recording. LOL

Keep singing FUN! Stress is bad for the voice!

Source(s): Go to Perri's official website, and read about how long it took her to be successful. She did more than just sing scales in her room! http://www.christinaperri.com/about
  • well to tell you the truth, I've never seen Christina Perri go that high, All i can say is practice scales! Christina's voice seems like it's in control and she knows how to hold a note so maybe practice holding notes.

begin with something easy like "The Lonely" and then maybe try to sing songs like "Jar of Hearts"

Hope this helped in some way :)

It's very possible to learn to sing well. You just need to know the right methods. Learn here https://biturl.im/aU2lK

Singing teachers will cost money and can be expensive so they're not for everyone. Singing can be learned so it's not an "either you have it or you don't" kind of thing.

Whether you sound like crap or you're decent, I recommend this singing course. It's one of the best methods to learn to sing well in a short amount of time. It's all about using efficient techniques that work.

• Debra

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awS6Q

You don't say which school you are trying to apply for, or what level (high school or college?) If it's one of those vanity type schools that really are auditioning people's bank accounts, you could go in with "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" and still get in if you can pay the tuition fees. If it's a musical theatre program that is part of a competitive performing arts high school or university, then you should consider some very important points. First of all, if the music department SPECIFICALLY ASKED that aspiring students choose MUSICAL THEATRE SONGS and you go in with a pop song (even if it was featured in one of those glittery vampire movies), then you are going to come across either as an idiot or someone who just doesn't care--or both. In some auditions, the school asks that people avoid songs from musicals that feature pop-style music such as "Hairspray", "Rent", "Spring Awakening", etc and choose material from the so-called "Golden Age of Broadway" because the songs written during that era are more challenging to sing than a lot of the music in newer shows. If by "vocal range" you mean the original song key, you realize you aren't even going to come anywhere NEAR the type of range you need to sing theatre music? "A Thousand Years" covers an octave and a half, but in the original key, you won't be going anywhere near the upper notes you would need even as an alto if you had to sing theatre music. And MOST of that song actually falls around the same 4-5 notes that stay pretty much close together (which makes it way easier to sing than another song that covers an octave and a half--"The Star-Spangled Banner"). Most of your competition will have had years of prior musical theatre experience either in school or community plays (or even some professional work in a few cases). Many would have had at least some voice training, and most certainly would have picked out audition songs WAY in advance of the date. There is NO excuse for you to say you can't sing a song from a musical because you "don't know any that well". What happens if you were cast in something you never heard of before? Would you just sing whatever songs you felt like because you didn't know that songs from the musical and DIDN'T WANT TO LEARN THEM? If your attitude toward preparing for what may be one of the most important interviews of your life is to see what you can "get away with"--don't bother to audition. You don't want to walk in and announce your song and have them ask you before you even open your mouth if you prepared "anything else"? Go to the website of the school. Read the criteria carefully. Those are "suggestions". They are requirements. Failure to follow directions to the letter can jeopardize any chances you have getting into any school worth getting into. Some schools will even post a list of suggested songs that you can safely pick from. Again, since you gave no information about what school this is, maybe all they want is for a student to pick ANY song so they can just hear what you sound like and decide what possible POTENTIAL you may have to develop. Unfortunately, even as pop songs goes--"A Thousand Years" isn't that impressive--even if it is "pretty". I think it's pretty too. In spite of my crack about glittery vampires, I actually have the sheet music (which I PAID for--not downloaded illegally somewhere) and I've sung it myself when I needed a contemporary pop song that people knew and liked (I usually do show tunes or classical). HOWEVER, since I have sung this myself, I can tell you from experience how EASY this song is to sing. If you can't manage anything more challenging--again, you will have a hard time with even modern show tunes.

1

Source(s): Improve Your Singing http://singinglessons.fastsolut.info/?Sf89