Is the new TV show, Revolution realistic?

There is no way that this TV show is realistic. How can all the power in the world be gone, but people still be alive?? There's electricity in our bodies to make things work... and then there's solar power. I guess I'm just too smart for TV these days. opinions?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Even if you accept the premise that something turned off all the electricity, the show doesn't seem realistic in the sense that 15 years later there doesn't seem to be much movement towards steam power. The western world had a vibrant and technologically superior civilization, pre-electricity, that was powered largely by steam...ships, trains, factories, etc. There was also considerable use of hydro and wind power too.

At least the textile business seems to be continuing, judging from all the fresh and stylish clothes people seem to be wearing.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Bio Electricity works a bit differently in our body than it does in electronic appliances. Something like this is very possible via Solar Storms and the detonation of a Nuclear Explosion. If this were to happen, human beings would not just suddenly short circuit and die.

While the direct cause of the problem isn't known from the trailer, It's probably something supernatural (which won't be explained in the show most likely) preventing electricity from ever working again.

You ask, why don't they just use solar power? Well solar power isn't as efficient and even if it uses the sun as a power source, it still uses the sun to convert into electricity to run electrical components.

Despite the show not being 100% accurate, it still would take a while for society to build back up to the way it was after damage of such a magnitude. I'm still gonna give it a watch.

• 8 years ago

Fossil fuels are running out so no more wood, coal, oil and so on. We need to invest in solar power and wind power before it is too late. Here is a funny strip about wind turbines!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

No, we don't need electricity to live. Maybe you should think about all the other people in Africa, they are STARVING to death, they have no tv, no computers,; No technology and hardly anything to keep them cool. Having electricity and technology aren't the most important thing in the world. Please remember there are more active ways to live. I'm ashamed. Oh, and yes. The revolution COULD happen.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

You Me and The apocalypse that is a comedy about a collection of strangers who a all finally end up in a bunker mutually at the same time as a comet hits. i imagine the sequence purely ended it became on NBC in united statesa.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.