Syncing iPhone with new Computer and not losing content?

Hi guys, I understand that if you sync your iPhone with a new computer (second computer) it will erase all of your content from the original computer and the allow you to sync content from your current computer. Is this correct? The only items I am concerned about are apps and music which I have either... show more Hi guys,

I understand that if you sync your iPhone with a new computer (second computer) it will erase all of your content from the original computer and the allow you to sync content from your current computer. Is this correct?

The only items I am concerned about are apps and music which I have either purchased from the app store or iTunes directly from my iPhone. Does my iTunes account remember everything I purchased so that when I connect my iPhone to my new computer it'll give me the option to install all previously downloaded apps and music? If not I will be losing thousands of pounds of music and apps which doesn't seem fair considering all I've done is lose my laptop and therefor have no other option but to sync my iphone to a new computer. I understand that this may mean anything like mo3's which weren't purchased from iTunes which I out into my iPhone will no linger be available because they were on the old computer and I no longer have the files but it is not this which I am concerned with, it's the apps and music downloaded and paid for on the iPhone app store and iTunes.

Really need help guys. Thanks in advance!