Flute Concerto Piece?

I am considering audititioning for the senior concerto competition at my school this spring. If I get picked, I will get to play a piece with our band, which has to be memorized. Do any of you have ideas for what I could play? It can't be too long, under 5 minutes (preferably), and I want it to be a beautiful, yet catchy song that kind of sticks in people's head, you know? I would love to play Francois Borne's Carmen Fantasie, but I am afraid I wouldn't be able to memorize something that long. So anyways, all suggestions are appreciated! Thanks :)

Favorite Answer

You'll need to choose a concerto that's arranged for band rather than orchestra. That will limit you, but there are still quite a few good choices. Check out some of these selections from Larry Krantz Flute Pages:

http://www.larrykrantz.com/withband.htm

Good luck with your audition. It's not often that you get an opportunity to perform a concerto with a full band. It will be a great experience.

Source(s): Owner: http://www.flutemonkey.com/

Mozart Flute Concerti 1 and 2

Especially 2 in D major. It's really nice, kinda difficult in my opinion (i don't play flute).

It's about 8 minutes, which is relatively short for a first movement of a concerto.

with out truly understanding what products could be performed or composed in specific for the flute, i might recommend finding up this sort of music on some music subscription sites. you additionally can verify for flute coaching sites on the internet and notice what products they are utilising as examples or in the event that they are utilising short excerpts from particular products for coaching. yet another decision is to circulate to a music keep and look at their flute coaching books to work out what they are utilising. you have have been given to circulate by using some extra progressed books to locate that which you will nicely be finding. you additionally can verify music writer sites for something comparable there. members of community bands and orchestras might have the skill that may additionally assist you out besides. carry out a seek on the internet to work out what you have regionally. One occasion which would be on your area is the hot Horizons Band. Universities and colleges could be good components for this sort of element. you additionally could make some contacts right here besides.

how about Bach Badinerie BWV 1067 in B minor?

available on Utube