I feel bad for my brother's GF because she and her child are living out of their car. What can I do?

I live in Florida. Times are very hard here, especially in this particular county. Jobs are scarce and pretty much non-existent. One of the highest unemployment rates in the nation. I am mentally ill (schizophrenic) and I have a hard time caring for myself and live with my parents (hopefully not for long). My brother also lives here out of necessity right now as he works his job for the city. He has this girlfriend. She has a very young child. They receive some state assistance but they are living out of their car. I looked inside her car when she and my brother left to go to the park. It made me very sad. It was packed to the top with household items and a car seat for a child. I want to help her but I have no money. What can I do?

Favorite Answer

vote out obama!!!

this is your brothers responsibility and your parents, the grandparents

sad to say there is no much you can do

you may not have the metal ability to safely babysit, that depends on your condition

your first responsibility is to try to get well with medication or therapy, then you will be abel to help others

do NOT obsess on this, help as your are asked to

If he has a city job he must have enough for a small apartment. the state is almost certainly giving her enough to live on since she is not legally married

Source(s): sad situation
  • alana

You can suggest if she wants help she can apply for assistance at the local town she lives in.

• wtinc

Well if your liberal just tell them Obama is going to change that for them. If your conservative open the door and lend a helping hand because you know the liberals are not going to help.

call around to the local strip joints, they are usually hiring.

I support Single Mothers. Having a child was their choice, dealing with the consequences are their problem.

Take them into your house.

Or you can take the Obama approach (the approach he takes for his family). Piss on 'em!

• Tony

let them in the house you live in