I feel bad for my brother's GF because she and her child are living out of their car. What can I do?

I live in Florida. Times are very hard here, especially in this particular county. Jobs are scarce and pretty much non-existent. One of the highest unemployment rates in the nation. I am mentally ill (schizophrenic) and I have a hard time caring for myself and live with my parents (hopefully not for long). My brother also lives here out of necessity right now as he works his job for the city. He has this girlfriend. She has a very young child. They receive some state assistance but they are living out of their car. I looked inside her car when she and my brother left to go to the park. It made me very sad. It was packed to the top with household items and a car seat for a child. I want to help her but I have no money. What can I do?

7 Answers

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    vote out obama!!!

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    this is your brothers responsibility and your parents, the grandparents

    sad to say there is no much you can do

    you may not have the metal ability to safely babysit, that depends on your condition

    your first responsibility is to try to get well with medication or therapy, then you will be abel to help others

    do NOT obsess on this, help as your are asked to

    If he has a city job he must have enough for a small apartment. the state is almost certainly giving her enough to live on since she is not legally married

    Source(s): sad situation
  • alana
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

    You can suggest if she wants help she can apply for assistance at the local town she lives in.

  • wtinc
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

    Well if your liberal just tell them Obama is going to change that for them. If your conservative open the door and lend a helping hand because you know the liberals are not going to help.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    call around to the local strip joints, they are usually hiring.

    I support Single Mothers. Having a child was their choice, dealing with the consequences are their problem.

  • 8 years ago

    Take them into your house.

    Or you can take the Obama approach (the approach he takes for his family). Piss on 'em!

  • Tony
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

    let them in the house you live in

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.