What is a YA "fan" as opposed to a "contact" Spiritually speaking of course?

Of what benefit is it to be a "fan"?

Is selecting "contact" the only way to follow a members questions and answers?

Can someone explain the process please.

@Thanka all for your responses. So if I do not allow 'fans', I can still allow people to make me a contact? I must be a mental midget or something, but I do not see any benefit to be a 'fan', other than clicking on the avatar to review Q.&A....maybe I answered my own question....dolt much danman?

Favorite Answer

A "fan" is a person who has asked to be one of your contacts, but you haven't accepted them as a contact. The benefit of being a "contact" is whenever that person is active on Yahoo, you can see what questions they have asked, and also what questions they have answered or given a star to. That's how I spotted this question - it popped up on the front of my activity page after I'd signed on.

There isn't much benefit in being a "fan" because if the account of the person you are a fan of is private, you won't be able to follow their activity. Anybody can follow your activity providing your account isn't private.

It's really useful having "contacts" because you can support them when questions go into voting, for example. But watch out for your "fan club" in case any of them have a hidden agenda (like trying to thumb you down or report you). Years ago I had a load of trouble from an American J.W. called HEAVENly EYEs who had loads of other accounts and he seemed to be stalking me (spiritually speaking). Whenever he showed up as a "fan" I blocked him.

Best advice is to be selective who you accept as a "contact."

You are a person's fan when you add them as a Contact. The other person is your fan when they add you as a Contact. Basically, it's just a bunch of stupid nonsense. There are setting on your profile where you get to select who can and can't see your Answers activity.

People who've been suspended and /or reported a lot (dear GOD, please tell me you know what *those* terms mean) tend to make their activity visible only to their Contacts, so they can be in charge of who can easily look up their Q&A, to prevent Report Monkeys (habitual, compulsive, malevolent reporters of other people's questions) from getting their content deleted and their accounts suspended.

"fans" are all the people who are reading your stuff. "contacts" are all the people whose stuff you're reading. If someone is on your "contacts" page, you'll be on their "fans" page, and vice versa.

You can follow a member's questions and answers by selecting "contact", or (if they don't have it set to private) by going to their page and reading their questions and answers there.

Source(s): Please check out my open questions.

Don;t allow any, since many of them track your Q&A to report you with their friends or multiple accounts. Muslims, Christians, JWs, Scientologists are the worse in my experience.

I only allow emails since I enjoy hearing from detractors and the wackos.

A fan is a one-way thing - your fans selected you.

A contact is a two-way thing - you've selected each other.

>

Someone who follows your answers, contacts are someone you have added

• india

If you add me to your contacts, then you're my fan. If I reciprocate and add you back, we're contacts.