Hey, Yahoo Answers, can I interview you guys for school please! :)?

I'm wondering if I can interview you guys for an assignment I'm working on in American health class. I promise these questions won't eat up to much of your time, just answer truthfully. Thank you!

Name:

Age:

What do you think about obesity in America?

Do you think obesity will increase or decrease if people knew more about the importance of a healthy diet?

What do you think we can do to prevent cardiovascular health issues in America?

Do you know how to improve your cardiovascular health through physical activity?

What do you typically do for cardiovascular activity each week?

• J. J..
    Favorite Answer

JJ

>50

TERRIBLE

.........STAY THE SAME - Watching TV and eating junk food is more important than learning about the importance of a healthy diet . "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink"- or in this case substitute horse for "couch potato"

..........Ban TV, Ipods, computer games for kids - get them PLAYING games like soccer, basketball etc with their friends. The older generation did not have TV and all these electronic gadgets and that is why they are less obese "generally" - their only fun as kids was to run around and play!

..........Apply a 100% tax on burgers and hotdogs and if that doesn't decrease demand, apply a 200% tax then a 400% tax. Of course, this will never happen!

..........Airlines and transport companies to charge three times the fares to the obese for "the excess baggage" as their size usually means they spread out over more than one seat!

........Yes -things like jogging, swimming, running, cycling all exercise the heart

........Cycle 5 miles each day for the newspaper rather than use the car.

To a lesser extent play golf 3 times a week (I am retired and have the time) although I appreciate that this would be practically impossible for most non-retirees.