Why do Conservatives hate American cars and bash the Chevy Volt/?

It's interesting that the self-proclaimed "patriotic" Conservatives routinely bash American cars and ridicule the Chevy Volt, the 2011 Motor Trend 'Car of the Year.'

Yet Liberals now praise American cars.

The Chevy Volt is a great vehicle, from what I have seen. Many people go 2 months without actually refueling it.

Cons put politics above country, and their bashing of American cars is directly tied to their hatred of Obama and his saving of the US auto industry.

Best Answer

Because to praise virtually ANY American car......would mean you would have to hand OBAMA whatever sliver of credit he deserves for saving the auto industry as a whole, .....when Romney's great "plan"....was to let them all go bankrupt and then duke it out in Bain take over corporate profit taking wars.

And we all know republians would drop Dead, before giving Obama credit for anything........as was indeed witnessed by their crying foul over his announcing that we actually caught and KILLED Osama Bin Laden. .....like he was personally taking credit for pulling the trigger, when any sane rational person KNOWS that's not how it went down obviously. A DUH.

Yet when Saddam was captured...........Bush personally landed....excuse me, RODE on a jet , that landed on an aircraft carrier, in a FLIGHTSUIT.........like he was actually flying the thing........under a banner that read MISSION ACCOMPLISHED......(for a war that dragged on for 6 more years) ....

but that wasn't trying to take credit right?

But Obama merely ANNOUNCING that Osama had been killed.........republicans acted like he danced on the White House lawn, holding up Osama's head.

It's all about trying to minimalize and trivialize ANYTHING Obama has, in fact, accomplished......

so they can continue pretending he hasn't done a damn thing, in their sick fantasy world..........where NEWT is a respectable candidate for the Presidency- .....and Michele Bachmann is NOT clinically INSANE, (or just flamingly ignorant. )

Republicans grow more ridiculous by the day.

And that's saying something after 4 years of BIRTHER stupidity.

• Shilo

It's interesting because the impression of the Chevy Volt that I had formed was from what I had read here from people making fun of the car on YA. I thought the Volt was on the same level as the Ford Fiesta; and then I actually went to the site not long ago and was completely shocked to find that the car is very futuristic-looking and waaay out of my price range. I guess there are those who really do so hate that Obama saved the US auto industry that their hatred becomes infectious.

Volt driver here.

*

Volt is a wonderful car - it took first place in Consumer Reports buyer satisfaction survey. Volt's detractors, almost without exception - are people who know next to nothing about the car. More people should test drive one. I guarantee lots of surprised faces.

*

And look at Volt's lease deals. Right now you can lease a 2012 Volt for $269. And you will save $100 to $200 per month on fueling cost by driving on electricity, making it a very exceptional deal.

*

Leasing makes a lot of sense for electric cars because the technology is changing rapidly. When your lease is up, just jump into another lease of an even better electric car.

*

As for politics and the Volt - this is well overplayed. Few people really let their political party tell them what to buy. There's a political poll of Volt owners at the GM-Volt.com owners website. It shows that only 51% of Volt owners lean to the left. Not a rousing majority, is it?

We don't hate it. Sales show that most of America must be chock full of cons? Sale backed off to 8,000 units for 2011. From an original estimate of 25,000. Production halted until inventory reduced. Only March sales of 2012 exceed estimates. Gee, government sponsored cars sure get extended life don't they? Being the 1965 Mustang sold over 600,000 units first year. Edsel first year was over 68,000. Well, at least Chevy beat it's other econo car sales failure, Corvair sold 6000 it's last year. 1969. Vega, a sales failure, made over 78,000 in it's last year 1977. Without Obama and Government Motors backing? The Volt would be as dead as the Edsel.Corvair and Vega.

Conservatives hate everything that benefits America. Clinton's administration added 23 million jobs, and the conservatives hated it. Bush43 lost one million jobs, and the conservatives loved it. Obama added 5 million jobs, and the conservatives hated it. When the 2016 Olympics were awarded to Rio, the conservatives were positively ebullient: "Yeah, Obama failed! Yeah, America failed!" Conservatives have stated frequently "we don't care if America succeeds, we just want Obama to fail".

• vrzz

Eric Bolder or Boling of The Five told me it's a bad car. Therefore, it's a bad car!

Signed, brainless c0n.

We still buy Fords.

We don't want a Government Motors car.

And Chrysler is now owned by FIAT

I am a lib and have only owned one Jap car. That was my first ever and the last ever.

• ?

They are afraid of any change, anything new scares them so they tense up and go "nononononoooo!!!!

Because it's a coal powered car.