Becky
Becky asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 9 years ago

A question for black women who decided to wear their real hair after years of wearing wigs or weaves?

I am black women and i have been wearing wigs and wigs for years and now i want to grow my real hair but since i am used to wear wigs i feel naked and weird without one and i feel less attractive.I am not ashamed of my hair but i am just used wearing wigs

So is there any women who had to do this transition

Favorite Answer

FOR BLACK WOMEN:

Traction alopecia is hair loss that occurs as a result of continuous pulling of the hair. Pulling may occur from hairstyles such as tight cornrows, plaits or braids with or without extensions, weaves, ponytails or even hair rollers or curlers. Natural hairstyles can also lead to traction alopecia as well. Long heavy locks and tightly coiled twists can lead to traction alopecia. The hair loss associated with traction alopecia typically occurs at the frontal hairline, at the temples or the area of the scalp above the ears. It may also occur at the posterior hairline.

Watch: Good Hair a documentary by Chris Rock 2009 on BET or HBO. According to Tyra Banks, 80% of the black population are part of the billion dollar hair industry. Clips on youtube videos, also.

Google: Worst Celebrity Wigs & Weaves

I'm sure Oprah and Mrs. Obama HAVE THOUGHT THE SAME THING, TOO, when they were using weaves on their hair.

Google: "Why Viola Davis Ditched the Wig at the Oscars"

Published 8-10-12: Even supermodels have bad hair days, but from the looks of this recent photo, Naomi Campbell appears to be dealing with something far worse.

A photo of the 42-year-old beauty vacationing in Ibiza earlier this week shows what appears to be a receding hairline.

Florida hair surgeon Dr. Alan Bauman, who has not treated Campbell, said the former supermodel appears to be suffering from traction alopecia — hair loss due to extensions.

“Extensions, weaves, anything artificial hanging on hair — no matter whether you attach it with glue, special magnets, tape — it’s going to cause damage over time,” Bauman told ABCNews.com. “And unless you give your hair a break from those extensions, it won’t rebound.”

I used to be, but then I saw how he acted on the speak shows he went on last week speakme concerning the film. How are you going to do a film about black hair and then now not even comprehend what is going on on for your spouse's head? I'm now not paying to peer a movie that pushes the parable that black women cannot have their possess hair and it can be long either relaxed or natural. He should have went on youtube and see what number of have actual hair that's previous their shoulders. Oprah will have to have done a greater job then simply say that she has long hair b/c of her stylist. Any person wants to do a show on how black females have manipulate to develop their possess hair w/o the aid of a stylist. They must additionally mention that genetics don't have anything to do w/ how lengthy your hair grows in that case i would have ear length hair and not already prior shoulder. My largest problem with the best way Chris acted on the exhibit was once how "amazed" he used to be that Oprah's hair used to be all hers and how his palms "thirst" for long hair. He must have brought out black guys who either brush their hair a one thousand times to get waves, or the ones like risk that won't let their hair be noticeable b/c it can be "nappy". Black ladies ain't the only ones caught up in their hair. I do not know total i am just relatively frustrated with this film getting as so much press as it has. Imho the only just right this film can convey is perhaps if black people attempt to get proficient about their hair. Just Google in "black hair care" and you would be amazed at what you in finding. Shirley should be ashamed of herself for the crap filled letter she wrote to Oprah on why black men go for white ladies. I'm sorry but when any person purposely marries a race b/c of the kind of hair they have got, then they have some issues and would you rather need to be with anyone like that.

It's all simply a matter of personal preference. I actually have short hair and guys just like it. And i prefer a man with short hair over a guy with long hair because long hair tends to make guys look as well girly.

I have short hair for the first time since We was 10 years old and I really like it but I skip my long curly locks so I am growing it back out!

• Jayden

1

Source(s): Hair Loss Remedies http://enle.info/HowToStopHairLoss/?01Se