If my husband is deleting text messages does that have to mean he's cheating - could it all be innocent?

My husband has been deleting certain text messages between him and a female coworker. He treats me the same as he did before. Our marriage is fine (it seems) and we spend time together and with our kids. I just don't want to jump to conclusions but I can't come up with any other reason besides cheating - maybe someone can give me another idea??

Favorite Answer

yes, he didn't want them read by you. I know this because I have a 2nd girlfriend in the next town and I delete all our text as soon as we are done. I cant belive he didnt have her listed in his phone as a male friend...thats what i would do.

Source(s): livin' it.

Husband Deleting Text Messages

How do you know he is deleting certain text messages? Have you read them? Maybe you think he is deleting when he really is not because you are scared? Anyways, if you are sure he is deleting text messages then I can think of only one reason...he doesn't want you to see them and that is a problem. Try sitting down with him and voicing your concerns calmly. If your husband gets on the defense when you bring up the texts then he is hiding something. Why is your husband texting a female coworker anyway? Sounds fishy to me.

• Nancy

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/av7i5

My boyfriend (now my husband) used to do this. I finally caught his phone before he deleted messages. He used to delete outgoing AND incoming text messages.I finally found out what he was hiding. His ex-wife was texting him wanting him back. He was texting her back saying NO WAY and that he had a wonderful woman!! He didn't want me to see this because he was afraid I would be upset she was texting. So you MIGHT be worrying for nothing. I would ask him about it, that is really the only way you will know. You absolutely have to be open with him.

• Lisa

Believe it or not, it may not be you. I know that rattles your world view, but maybe he knows you have been snooping and is embarrassed. He does not want to talk about it and does not want you to bring it up. If he ignores it then it will go away. Now on to the next thing . . . The "why am I not enough for him" thing. Woman, grow up. You are enough for him in real life and you do not want to be enough for him in his imagination. It is a sick, twisted, dungeon of perversion in there and the better it is hidden the better for humanity. You do not have the physical energy to keep up with his imagination, so just let him have it. Besides, let's say you wanted to be enough in all areas. What if you didn't WANT to do "Brazilian dog walking with a side of salad tongs"? Should he give it up (in his mind) just becasue YOU think it is sick?? Women seem to always have the idea that if they don't like it then it is not worth doing. Sometimes men like to do things that would not interest women. It does not make either of them good or bad, just different. Keep an open eye on him. It may be the beginnings of an affair, but most likely not. Most likely it is a fantasy world that the rational man that you married knows would never work in real life. But sometimes he still likes to think about it. It is just a part of the male ego (or id if you will). It does not mean he loves you any less.

The only reason I can think of why a married man is deleting messages on his phone to a female co-worker. Is because there is something in those text messages that he doesn't want his wife to read. My guess would be that they having a relationship and he doesn't want you to find out about it.

Maybe you should contact the co-worker and demand to know why she's carrying on with your husband, when she knows he's married. If you can't get the truth from your husband, then you talk to the mistress.

How do you know what text messages he's receiving or deleting unless you've seen them (in which case you should be able to ascertain the nature of their relationship from the messages)?

Watch this video explaining how to use just 3 texts to turn any woman on, and get her out on a date: http://www.magneticmsg.com it works, it's crazy what basic psychology can do.

I've used this on a few hotties and it worked everytime. Thing is I don't look that good. Crazy..

• ?

Unless his habits have have changed then ignore it

My husband gets texts from a female co worker all the time

Usually complaining about this and that and he just deletes them

He does,nt even bother replying to them

To him its work he cant be bothered let it go

Its when you lose out on quality time with him and your family

Then you need to worry about these text messages ?

Either she's being inappropriate, and he's covering for her, or they both are. Maybe nothing is going on yet, but if he's deleting their conversations it seems like there is flirting or something you wouldn't be accepting of going on. Even if the flirting or inappropriate behavior is only one sided, he should tell her he's happily married and to not send him personal messages anymore. Things like that should be nipped in the bud before developing into something more and possibly breaking up a family.