I'm 15, can I sign up for this?

I'm currently 15, turned 15 in march of this year.

I have a blog, I get a good amount of page views a day, around 3,000.

I am interested in signing up for the ChaCha affiliate program, basically I post links that when clicked go to galleries on their page. When they are clicked on my blog I will get payed. I am basically payed per click.

While signing up, they ask for my Social Security number. I did some research and came to a conclusion, they do this because ChaCha is basically hiring me, and to pay me, they need my Social Security Number.

I decided to type my SSN (Social Security Number) in, and hit continue after I filled out all of the other info.

Then a new page pops up next, titled:

IRS Form W-9

Request for Taxpayer

Identification Number and Certification

It asks for my name, address, SSN, and then at the bottom is asks.

Under penalties of perjury, I certify that:

The number shown on this form is my correct taxpayer identification number ( or I am waiting for a number to be to be issued to me ), and

I am not subject to backup withholding because: (a) I am exempt from backup withholding, or (b) I have not been notified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that I am subject to backup withholding as a result of a failure to report all interest or dividends, or (c) the IRS has notified me that I am no longer subject to backup withholding, and

I am a U.S. person (including a U.S. resident alien).

My questions are, can I sign up for this at age 15? (I'm 95% positive that about 20% of the people that are signed up for this are under 18)

Also, will I have to pay taxes or something?

Thanks!

• Marina
    Favorite Answer

Yes you have to pay taxes "or somethin." I can tell you are telling the truth about being 15. You are 100 percent correct that 20 percent sign up are under 18. Probably more. This happens when they sign up using FAKE information.

What you do not know is that as soon as it is TIME to get paid, they are fired. ChaCha is used to this, many don't even make it to the paying part, they cannot do the job because they are too immature and screw up the daily quality checks that they do. So go ahead and sign up, fake your age. As soon as it's time to get paid, they will check your age using your social and find out you aren't 18. Boom. Done.