Top 3 Beach Boys songs pre and post Pet sounds?

What are your top 3 sings by the beach boys before the pet sounds album and afterwards (their post 60's songs?)

Update:

Here's mine!

Pre-Pet Sounds -

In my room

Don't Worry Baby

California Girls

Post/During Pet Sounds-

Good Vibrations

Shelter (from the newest album - That's why God Made the Radio)

???

Need a third - may try Heroes and Villain

The two daughters of Brian Wilson - Wendy and Carnie really turned me onto the Beach Boys with their cover versions. So several of these songs have been covered by them.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Top 3 Before and After Pet Sounds.

Pre PS:

Surfin' USA. Their number one hit that rocked it. Made everyone feel that they were part of the surfing culture.

California Girls. The intro of the song is so awesome. Total departure from the main song but somehow flows right into it perfectly.

Help Me Rhonda. This remake was the best version. Driving piano and awesome guitar licks. One that everyone listening found themselves tapping their foot and singing along.

Post PS:

Good Vibrations. The teenage symphony to God. Took 6 months to record due to Brian's fragment style recording. This song has it all. Great vocals, great harmonies, great lyrics, and great music. The addition of the cellos and electro-therimin was genius.

Heroes and Villains. Another great song that was recorded in fragments. The story line, the vocals, and the music are all awesome. To hear the SMiLE version and then the Smiley Smile version is cool. The addition of the SMiLE Sessions boxed set includes the fragments that Brian may have added to the song to possibly make it well over 7 minutes long!

Cabinessence. This song from the SMiLE era is just beautiful. The story line, the driving beat in the chorus to the awesome vocals. Over and over the crow cries uncover the cornfield.

Source(s): Beach Boys fan
  • 8 years ago

Before/After Pet Sounds?

1. Good Vibrations - One of the most creative songs in Rock.

2.I Get Around : Their best song before Pet Sounds

3.Heroes & Villains - Its a masterpiece.

• Peepaw
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Before Pet Sounds:

"Surfin' Safari"

"Surfin' USA"

"Little Deuce Coupe"

After Pet Sounds:

"Heroes and Villains"

"Good Vibrations"

"Wild Honey"

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

A little boy had a flea as a pet and sent six months teaching it to sit up and beg and roll over on command. He placed the flea in the middle of his desk in his room and called his dad up to look at his pet, but didn't tell him what it was. His dad came to his room to see what the boy wanted. The boy said "I want to show you something special!" His dad looked around the room and saw a bug on the boys desk and smashed it with the palm of his hand. "Damned bug! Now what is it son?"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.