Violence games effect kids?

Do violence games effect kids?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

Its about knowing what's good for your kids as a parent.

Lets be clear, i have no kids, but i do know this, my best friend cousins.

Both are the same age, 8 to 9 years old.

One is a complete terror when it comes to video games, and I had the privilege to watch these kids for 2 weeks, so i know, when he played a somewhat violent game, zelda, he would runaround the house throwing stuff and being bad. He gets restricted all the time from playing, and his mom has to watch what he plays.

His brother? Calm as hell. He even uses a website to make his own super mario levels, real smart., and as a bonus, for his age he gets more play time, and can play games his brother cannot.

So can violent games make kids more violent? Yes and no.

From there i could go into how some people grow up, and lets be frank, want to go and kill people, and unfortunately, some do.

Blame the games? You can, and the parents while your at it. Or, i don't know, how about the obvious mental instability that might of had something to do with it.

I play shooters all the time, yet, i know i cant go out and kill people. Because that's bad. Does it make the game bad? Nope.

So you see, i made several points here, and the thing is, some people will agree with them, or disagree with them.

But that's how i feel.

Hope i answered your question today.

Source(s): Common sense.
  • 5 years ago

There are good theoretical reasons to believe that violent video games are even more harmful that violent TV programs or films. We also have empirical data showing this (Polman et al., 2008). In this study, children were randomly assigned to play a violent video game or watch someone else play it. There was also a nonviolent video game control condition. The results showed that boys who played a violent video game were more aggressive afterwards than were boys who merely watched.

• 5 years ago

There are good theoretical reasons to believe that violent video games are even more harmful that violent TV programs or films. We also have empirical data showing this (Polman et al., 2008). In this study, children were randomly assigned to play a violent video game or watch someone else play it. There was also a nonviolent video game control condition. The results showed that boys who played a violent video game were more aggressive afterwards than were boys who merely watched. More Details: https://tr.im/6f2df

• 7 years ago

Do violent games affect kids? Yes, I think anyone would agree with that.

The real question is; to what degree do violent video games affect kids? This is where people will argue, on one side you have the self-righteous parents, who think they are perfect, and think their child is perfect and blame violence in all media types when things go wrong. On the other side you have those who put violence in media, and those who support violence in media, saying it’s the parents responsibility for teaching the child right from wrong (which is true) and that when things go wrong it is only the parents at fault for failing to accomplish their responsibilities as a parent.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • strite
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

action pictures are not in charge. If some thing perchance the records. moms and dads are in charge for little ones performing out. If a baby watches a violent action picture, they're going to emulate what they got here across thrilling. Which the moms and dads ought to observe because little ones have a tendency to run it into the floor. If the moms and dads enable this habit proceed then it receives worse, in the experience that they communicate with their youthful ones about it and clarify that (so and so) can attempt this because he's a fictional personality and is not any longer authentic, yet this habit is risky or deadly contained in the real international and they could artwork on in good structure substitutions to the habit.

• 4 years ago

Mostly games for kids fun and today's learning games of kids are also available..But always play games for limited time. Excess of everything will become dangerous.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

No if the kid believe and know that gaming world and real life is totally diffrent you should tell him that and he shall have some sense of humour that nothing from gaming world can happen in real world and don't play them continusly atleast 7hours per week than it will not harm

Source(s): Myself a kid and played atleast 50 violenced games
  • 7 years ago

Yes, it makes a illusion that using violence is not a big deal and is normal, and can make them more aggresive. Also very often such games doesn't learn anything than that.

Source(s): My little brother.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Play flash games on http://gamefriv4school.com. Have fun!

• 7 years ago

No. It just depends if they play them too much, but even then I don't think it'd affect a kid that much.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.