"Men like to spread their seed": Does this mean many men like having multiple baby mothers?

As a man, I have never fully understood what it means when its said that men "like to spread their seed". To me "Seed" means baby, which would men that men want to go around having babies with different women, which in turn mean having alot of "baby mommas".

I am aware that this happens alot in our society in which men have children with different women but for me, I have envisioned myself impregnating a multitude of women nor do I believe that's my role as being a man - like I'm destined to "spread my seed".

But help me better understand this just in case I'm missing something.

Umm okay, damn is it "I Can't Answer a Simple Question" Day? What's with all the smart-alec responses? If you think the question is "stupid" then DON"T ANSWER!!

Your bone-headed comments are not needed or required.

Favorite Answer

Please allow me to offer my humble and considered opinion on your question...which I take very seriously.

I do not believe that most men automatically think 'baby' when they consider 'spreading their seed'. To most men this merely means having sex with as many women as they desire to and hang the consequences.

They care not at all when and where they leave a 'child in progress' behind as long as they have fun.

And most men of this persuasion leave it up to the woman to choose whether or not she protects herself from pregnancy.

True, some men get an ego high from bragging about how many babies they have left in their wake, but they have no desire to take any of the responsibility for the care of these babies. Sick and sad if you ask me.

Means between men only. Women excluded, as well as children. Woman to woman means excludes men, but does not necessarily mean excludes kids. Cuz it's kinda hard sometimes, not when the baby needs the mother nearly most of the time. And impossible when the baby is still in the womb. The quality may range between zero to ten, in the Richter Scale, or whatever earth shattering scale you want. But the important thing is the exclusion factor. It is of utmost importance that women are excluded, especially when they are the subject of man to man talk. Such as "Ok. Don't tell her we're going to the pub late tonight. I've already told the Missus that we have overtime. If you tell your wife, she's sure to have a woman to woman talk with mine."

It's a biological need and response to fertile looking women.

Back in the cavemen days, there were no court mandated child support.

I think the meaning has changed from literal to figurative, as no man wants such burden on him simply for sleeping around.

Hi Deuce.

The idea of knocking up multiple women doesnt appeal to me much either.

I think most men wouldnt want that.

If you grow up on a farm you have to spread dem seeds.

Source(s): duh

Some guys just use that excuse to act like wh*res.

Haha why even ask this stupid question....jeez