Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsAuto RacingNASCAR · 9 years ago

NASCAR HISTORY in 1 paragraph?

brief history of nascar with the important information, from the beginning to present, in a medium sized paragraph

5 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

NASCAR was started in 1948. The first cars NASCAR used were modifieds, which still operate as the Whelen Modified Division. The first Strictly Stock race was held in 1949. In 1950 the series was renamed the Grand National division. In 1959, the first Daytona 500 was ran and was won by Lee Petty in a photo finish. In 1969, a majority of NASCAR's GN drivers protested Talladega Superspeedway due to the safety of the tires at the high speeds. In the early 1970's, The GN Division was renamed the Winston Cup Series, and held that title till 2004, which is when Nextel took over and the Chase was implemented. The first televised live flag to flag coverage of NASCAR was during the 1979 Daytona 500. Restrictor plates were first used in 1988 at Daytona and Talladega due to the high speeds. Roof flaps were first used in 1993 also as a safety device. More safety features were implemented after the death of Earnhardtardt at daytona in 2001, such as the Hans Device, Full faced helmets, and SAFER barriers. The Current COT was first raced during the 2007 season part time. The COT has gone over changes which include the removal of the rear wing and replaced it with a Spoiler. The chase was implementedin 2004 after the 2003 season saw Matt Kenseth win the championship with only one win. So they came up with it to have a more closer points championship. Which it did in 2011 when Tony Stewart and Carl Edwards were tied after Homestead.

And that sums up some of NASCAR's history.

• 5 years ago

Source(s): Vehicle History Records Database : http://vin.trustdd.com/?kHdI
  • ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

My all time hero , wonderful bill Elloitt JAWS Waltrip The SILVER FOX , David Pearson FIREBALL Roberts yet once you undergo in ideas decrease back while NASCAR grew to become into no longer interior the main staggering activities memories on Sunday night they continuously , continuously informed you who gained the race that day and the place DICK TRICKLE complete !!!!! who desires a nickname once you have a attractiveness like that !!!! LOL !!

• ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

redneck 1: let´s make some booze, cause it´s illegal

redneck 2: look out, the cops

redneck 1: let drive away fast in this modified ford v8

redneck 2: hey that´s working fine, i want such a car too

redneck 1: hey, we can have a race together that way

redneck 3: can i join, i have a quick chrysler

etc.

• 9 years ago

moonshine, started turnin left, televised. there u go

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.