Romeo and Juliet? Need helo badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Is this a good parapgraph please correct me

Even though the play is called ‘Romeo and Juliet’, the audience doesn’t see Juliet at the beginning of the play. Act 1, Scenes 1 and 2 contain only male characters; this indicates that Juliet does not hold much import as a character. Before the audience has even seen Juliet on stage, she is being spoken about by Capulet in conversation with Paris is Act 1 Scene 2. This shows Juliet was not much significance in the play.. It also suggests that Capulet is well in control of Juliet, she is a marriage material and can bring greater status to the Capulets. In the conversation between Capulet and Paris, Paris is asking for Juliet’s hand in marriage. Capulet tells him Juliet is too young for marriage when he says “Let two more summers wither in their pride, Ere we may think her ripe to be a bride ” The conversation that takes places, we can infer from that Juliet is quite inexperienced and naive; marriage is not something that Juliet should decide on at such a young age. In this discussion Capulet is portrayed as a caring and a defending parent when he says“ My child is yet a stranger in the world, She hath not seen the change of fourteen years ”

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

it sounds fine to me. its been awhile since ive done this play, but really there cant be a wrong answer can there?

not sure though if i would agree withe the first part though. she hasnt been seen yet but she is being spoke about, giving a sense of importance. they are important families at war with each other and her father wants to protect her.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.