Can I Get Temporary Car Insurance If I Dont Own The Car?

I have just got a new job, however, I need temporary car insurance for 1 month. My stepdad's friend is allowing me to use his car he has up for sale for this period. Can I get insurance if the car owners name is not on the policy?
Any help would be apprechiated.
Thanks.
Update: I don't want to buy this car, nor does he want to sell me it. I just need to be insured for 30 days for my new boss to see that i will be staying with the job and then i get a company car. The company cars are on a 90 day hire purchase so if he gives me one from the start and i cant hack the job then he will... show more I don't want to buy this car, nor does he want to sell me it. I just need to be insured for 30 days for my new boss to see that i will be staying with the job and then i get a company car. The company cars are on a 90 day hire purchase so if he gives me one from the start and i cant hack the job then he will lose out big time. All i want is to be insured for 30 days on this car, which is not mine or in my name :S
Think ill just lie...say im buying it to insurance company!!