Gauss Elimination Method?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of Gauss Elimination Method?
- 8 years agoFavorite Answer
hi friend, Gaussian elimination is an algorithm for solving systems of linear equations. The process of Gaussian elimination has two parts. The first part reduces a given system to either triangular or echelon form, or results in a degenerate equation, indicating the system has no unique solution but may have multiple solutions . This is accomplished through the use of elementary row operations. The second step uses back substitution to find the solution of the system. it has arithmetic complexity of O(n3).
1. used in finding the inverse of a matrix
2. used to compute ranks and bases
1. does not generalize in any simple way to higher order tensors
2. computing the rank of a tensor of order greater than 2 is a difficult problem.