IS THIS A FRIVOLOUS EXAMPLE OF RAMPANT GREED?

American Airlines & United to stand trial over 9/11 World Trade Center damages?

A federal judge has ruled that American Airlines (AA) and United Airlines (UA) must face allegations in a civil court over the destruction of the World Trade Center towers in New York in the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

The action is being bought by World Trade Center Properties (WTCP) and affiliated companies, which purchased 99-year leases for four World Trade Center buildings from the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey in July 2001, three months before the attacks.

Following the 9/11 hijackings, WTCP sued UA and AA, claiming that “but for the aviation defendants' negligence, the terrorists could not have boarded and hijacked the aircraft and flown them into the Twin Towers.”

WTCP recovered $4 billion from insurance, but is seeking $2.8 billion from the airlines.

Both airlines argued that the insurance collected by WTCP “more than compensated” for potential tort recovery. The judge denied this motion and said, “The overlap between WTCP's insurance recovery and its potential tort recovery presents issues of fact requiring trial."

“In order to make such a finding, I would have to find, to a ‘reasonable certainty,’ that the categories of insurance payments received by WTCP ‘correspond’ to the categories of potential damages WTCP could recover in its lawsuit against the aviation defendants. On this record, before trial, I am not able to make such findings.”

Favorite Answer

Yes, rampant greed indeed.

I have worked for AA for approximately 6 years of my life, and that i only in the near past give up there about 3 half months ago. Here's what i need you and OWS men and women to explain to me: What exactly do you need to do? Do you need Congress to pass a decision that says "shame on American airlines! For shame, for disgrace, for shame!" sounding similar to Gomer Pyle. Do you wish to have to move a law that says "Amerian airlines isn't allowed to offer its CEO a London townhouse at the same time asking its workers to cut pay"? My foremost complaint about OWS and you liberals is this: I don't know precisely what you wish to have to do. I know that within the Nineteen Fifties-1960s, civil rights demonstrators have been worrying an finish to Jim Crow laws. I do know what laws have been passed within the 1960s. I do know you humans are protesting GREED, but I have no idea how you wish to BAN GREED. And, in the meantime, we now have bought liberal doofuses here complaining that they do not need Texas to ban sexual gratification, and they are baffled as to how Texas intends to achieve any enforcement of the legislation.

Is this a proximal cause case? I don't see how the two airlines are responsible beyond proximity. Why not sue the governments in charge of security where the terrorists boarded the planes?

Greed exists everywhere public and private

SEND THE BILL TO PAKISTAN.