Fighting with my family over types of beliefs?

So my entire family have become evangelists. Since I chose to remain a catholic this has sparked many arguments. They do invite me and the one time I attended, it rubbed me the wrong way. Money driven, politically charged and right wing extremism, the confederate flag displayed. Of course there is the message and the word of the lord. However, I have refused to go ever since and stuck with my own place of worship. This has driven us apart as a family. I feel judged whenever they are around. Every Sunday since then, I've spent them alone, while they spend the entire day at the mega church. When I express my opinion, they bark back, or burst into song of praise to drown me out. I'm depressed over it, and find myself getting angry and becoming more passionate about getting my point across. Thus, making me look like a monster. I'm exhausted and out of options...

Favorite Answer

Catholicism has gotten it's self a bad reputation over the centuries . That is what they hate . But , there were always Evangelical Movements during the centuries , of which they finally melted back into the Catholic Church . I'm neither . If people would be honest about what Christianity is really all about , then they would make the required serious covenant with the Father that they will always obey all of Jesus' sayings ( greek text ) no matter what .

Dont fight with them for rejecting Jesus Christ's Catholic Church. Love them and show them what it truly means to be a Catholic Christian. Show them the love of Christ. Spend the day at your parish by joining a few ministries and spread that love to others in need

Catholic Christian †

• Ruth

Stop the fighting. Show love.

I feel so sorry for you.

Maybe it's time to find friendship elsewhere, so you don't have to be annoyed by your family?