mustang6172 asked in SportsBaseball · 7 years ago

Where were you and what were you doing when you heard the Boston Red Sox won the 2004 World Series?

I was watching it on TV when it happened. I knew the world would never be the same again.

Favorite Answer

I was in my room, listening on my radio. I was 14, lived in Massachusetts... as a Yankees fan.

This will sound inmature, but I really believed the Red Sox were cursed. You believe in alot of things at a young age. I was taunted alot in school, but my comeback was that the Yankees had 26 world championships since 1918, the Red Sox had none.

That's how I was until I heard on the weei announcer say "Ground ball. Stabbed by Foulke! He throws it on to first....... and the Boston Red Sox have won the World Series!!"

I was taunted alot after that, and my family eventually moved for other reasons. But now I realize that this was a tremendous moment for all Red Sox fans, including those fans who did not live to see it happen. I respect them for that. The Yankees fans and Red Sox fans may be different, but we share one thing; we have a tremendous amount of pride for out teams and love baseball.

I pray that Cubs fans will have the same experience of winning soon.

Source(s): -Yankees fan from Rhode Island

I was watching, brimming with delight. When Foulke grabbed Renteria's bouncer, I knew the glory was upon us.

The Boston Red Sox won the 2004 World Series championship, and no amount of bitter, misguided denunciation will ever diminish, tarnish, or refute that.

It was beautiful.

At the scene of the crime - Busch Stadium. I congratulated the Red Sox fans sitting next to our seats. They looked absolutely stunned.

• Snid

I don't even remember breakfast much less 2004. I was, however, happy for them but it certainly didn't change MY world.

I was on my way to the sox locker room to drop off some anabolic steroids! P.S. and some HGH also! The 04-07 taint sox kings of P.E.D.'s

The biggest thing i remember seeing from that game was the final pitch from Foulke and the ground out to 1st....it was pure gold.

I was being held hostage on a weird island somewhere when their leader showed me the footage to prove that they really did have contact to the outside world.

I remember I was taking a massive dump at the time.

I was in 6th grade when they won. I was watching in my living room. Not very exciting I know.

@el Aguila, I see your Lost reference there. Thumbs up for you.

I was living on the moon just in case the earth blew up.