mustang6172 asked in SportsBaseball · 7 years ago

Where were you and what were you doing when you heard the Boston Red Sox won the 2004 World Series?

I was watching it on TV when it happened. I knew the world would never be the same again.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I was in my room, listening on my radio. I was 14, lived in Massachusetts... as a Yankees fan.

This will sound inmature, but I really believed the Red Sox were cursed. You believe in alot of things at a young age. I was taunted alot in school, but my comeback was that the Yankees had 26 world championships since 1918, the Red Sox had none.

That's how I was until I heard on the weei announcer say "Ground ball. Stabbed by Foulke! He throws it on to first....... and the Boston Red Sox have won the World Series!!"

I was taunted alot after that, and my family eventually moved for other reasons. But now I realize that this was a tremendous moment for all Red Sox fans, including those fans who did not live to see it happen. I respect them for that. The Yankees fans and Red Sox fans may be different, but we share one thing; we have a tremendous amount of pride for out teams and love baseball.

I pray that Cubs fans will have the same experience of winning soon.

Source(s): -Yankees fan from Rhode Island
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

I was watching, brimming with delight. When Foulke grabbed Renteria's bouncer, I knew the glory was upon us.

The Boston Red Sox won the 2004 World Series championship, and no amount of bitter, misguided denunciation will ever diminish, tarnish, or refute that.

It was beautiful.

• 7 years ago

At the scene of the crime - Busch Stadium. I congratulated the Red Sox fans sitting next to our seats. They looked absolutely stunned.

• Snid
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

I don't even remember breakfast much less 2004. I was, however, happy for them but it certainly didn't change MY world.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

I was on my way to the sox locker room to drop off some anabolic steroids! P.S. and some HGH also! The 04-07 taint sox kings of P.E.D.'s

• 7 years ago

The biggest thing i remember seeing from that game was the final pitch from Foulke and the ground out to 1st....it was pure gold.

• 7 years ago

I was being held hostage on a weird island somewhere when their leader showed me the footage to prove that they really did have contact to the outside world.

• 7 years ago

I remember I was taking a massive dump at the time.

• 7 years ago

I was in 6th grade when they won. I was watching in my living room. Not very exciting I know.

@el Aguila, I see your Lost reference there. Thumbs up for you.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I was living on the moon just in case the earth blew up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.