What % of Muslims do you think follow Islam's hygeine rules strictly?

I know that in Islam, men are supposed to urinate squatting/sitting, and not standing, using water to clean with, wipe only with left hand, and I know of the rules about how often you must remove certain hair, how you should enter a bathroom with your left foot, etc. etc.

Do most Muslims really follow this, or do you think the majority dismiss these hygene rules?

I mean, with today's modern inventions, such as toilet paper, soap, urinals, rectify some of the issues that caused these rules to be made...

@ Patrick - well.....isn't that basically what I'm doing here?

By looking at some of the answers here, I'm pretty sure people have nothing better to do than spend their lives trying to find a billion faults with Islam!!

I mean, come on! Cleanliness is so important in Islam.. and the examples you gave show that. Isn't it better to use water when you clean yourself instead of just toilet paper? Removing certain hair which is unclean etc etc.

So, to answer your question... yeah most Muslims follow this or should anyway,..

• Erika

However when you are deciding on what to follow, aren't you style of adjusting the foundations? I mean I feel I should be following my religion phrase-for-phrase, however undoubtedly i'm now not ultimate, and there are various matters I could beef up on. But I believe the faith will have to be adopted strictly when necessary. Like with matters like protecting, praying, lying and so forth. Basically, there are designated things which can be more important to comply with. I nonetheless have so much to beef up, nevertheless it quite relies on what you mean via strictly. I wouldn't wish to comply with it TOO strictly. Like I've visible some individuals who're overly strict and almost make up their own rules. I hope I made feel lol.

so the basic thing muslim need to know about his religion is that do the stuff that islam has or dont follow islam people need to be truly the one to accept islam by heart and follow it the majority of muslim are either sinner or going way too far to stop the sinner (meaning having stronghold on dresscode of the nation ) thats stupid most muslim need something called self control meaning if there is a pretty women or handsome men going around you they need to just be normal the correct answer is lowering the gaze ignoring their good facial feature or think them as trash to not have liking to

the final answer is 80%

Is there any ready hand statistics for Muslims,Jews,Christians , Hindus and Buddhists on the subject?

I try my best to follow the rules that are mentioned in the Holy Quran, but not rules made up by people that lived about 200 years after Prophet Muhammad (a.s.)

From what I have seen, a majority do follow the rules strictly.

Islam as defined in the Quran have very flexible hygiene guidelines, the above "rules" you are referring to are a product of the sect scene and has absolutely nothing t do with Islam.

"enter a bathroom with your left foot" seriously !!!!

Since you are so concerned, go out and take a survey.