Lacey
Lacey asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 years ago

Is this a healthy breakfast, please help?

I am trying to eat healthy and lose a few pounds and I was wondering if whole grain cherrios (not the honey nut kind) are healthy for you in moderation? I know they are a processed food and have sodium and I know they are carbs but I used to eat McDonalds breakfast everyday so to me this is alot healthier. I also eat half a banana :) is that healthy? Also, if you can please list some other healthy breakfast meals, thanks so much!

Favorite Answer

Almost anything is healthier than McD's. Do you like oatmeal, even the flavored ones, or you can flavor it yourself, will be much better for you than cereal. It's a slower burning carb, so besides keeping your system fed better, it keeps your blood sugars balanced, which will help fight cravings, and it will improve your mood! When it comes to dieting and exercise, Exercise is the better half! It changes your body and many of it's process'. Where dieting alone doesn't. You'll sleep better, have better energy, moods, breathing, concentration, strength, endurance, digestion and the list goes on! Number one rule with exercise, keep it enjoyable. Number one rule in dieting, keep it sensible and with both, give them time to develop into habit and achieve your goals, it's totally worth it, especially when you consider the alternative and where that will put you.

• Jay

Cheerios are ok, but they are made with GMO's which are really bad for you (and the planet). Some better options are: Oatmeal with fruit and nuts and seeds, Omelette fried in extra virgin olive oil with veggies and sprouted grain toast, Organic whole grain cereal (nothing from GM) with Greek yogurt, a smoothie with berries and kale and some nuts and seeds on the side, egg fried in olive oil on sprouted grain toast.

yeah cheerios are okay in moderation and better than most modern options...but the healthiest breakfast will always be the traditional eggs & bacon. Fat and protein will keep your insulin levels stable whereas things like cheerios, bananas, and other carbs will leave you with an energy crash in an hour.

*oatmeal is terrible for most people's blood sugar levels...I know it is for mine. I had to take it off my diet.

Yes its healthy! Other ideas are Porridge, special K cerial, egg whites or maybe a bowl of mixed fruit with a low fat yoghurt.