Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 8 years ago

Did you know that Jason Alexander (George from Seinfeld) was the actor originally casted to play Willy Wonka?

In Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

However after the first week of shooting it was decided their was not enough height difference between Jason Alexander, who is very short, and Deep Roy, the actor who player the Oompa Loompas. This gave the false impression that the Oompa Loompas were not really so small.

So Jason Alexander was dropped, and Johnny Depp, a much taller actor than Alexander was casted in place.

Interesting fact, huh?

So Ankita, are you questioning the truthfullness of this "fact"?

You definitely should!

Favorite Answer

I somehow can't picture George oops Alexander playing Willy wonka. I guess he'll always be "George" in my mind.

interesting though.

one thought though - wouldn't Alexander have been waaay cheaper than Depp?

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

In Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

However after the first week of shooting it was decided their was not enough height difference between Jason Alexander, who is very short, and Deep Roy, the actor who player the Oompa Loompas. This gave the false impression that the Oompa Loompas were not...

Source(s): jason alexander george seinfeld actor originally casted play willy wonka: https://shortly.im/XPziE

Hrm, that's kind of an odd casting (assuming you aren't taking the p*ss with this question). Of course, I wasn't a huge fan of Charlie and the Chocolate factory. For my money, nothing will ever top Gene Wilder in the original 70s film.

• Esther

Lol! You're crazy!

@Feivel: If Johnny Depp creeped you out, imagine Jason Alexander in that role? That would have just been bizarre! Lol. He can only be George. Forget a role like that, and forget serious roles. Remember him in "Pretty Woman?"

• Feivel

Depp's character in that creeped mout. Alexander played a really good killer on an episode of Criminal Minds....this one....actually I could have seen this one.

Depp in WWCF was...well....yeah...he just creeped me out. He is a great actor but that character creeped me out!

If it's true, yes it's very interesting and no I didn't know it.

• ?

No its not nothing you say is ture

no