What would you like improved in your state or city?

My own list is quite long, though not really hard to do, but politicians here are so idiotic. The only understanding they really have of money is to spend it all in whatever projects comes their way, but nothing really serious is done in benefit of the citizens. And ethnic groups or minority representatives don't do any better, since millions and millions have been given in so many ways possible, and absolutely nothing has been done with it. Of course there have been many occasions in which some of those politicians and community activists, etc. have ended up in jail over lost money.

What is the greatest thing you wish for your own state, or maybe your city.

• Paul
    Favorite Answer

FYI.... Im a Libertarian.

I live in Illinois and I would LOVE them to do this:

1) Break EVERY union.

2) End EVERY entitlement program.

3) Arrest and deport every illegal. Also, turn every illegal away from schools and hospitals.

4) Impeach Quinn - he is absolutely horrible.

5) Turn illinois from a blue to a red state.

6) Make a balanced budget amendment.

7) Allow conceal/carry.

We would then have a perfect state :)

A big concern for my city (Memphis) is homelessness. We're not a particularly wealthy city, and the means to help these people are hard to come by. There are a lot of mentally ill people who have become homeless due to mental illnesses that keep them from being able to maintain employment. Even sadder - some of them are our military veterans.

I'd really like to see a stronger effort to help get these people the medical care they need in order to get them off the streets. That would be a worthwhile human investment for all of us.

I would like for weekly no parking times to be cancelled if there is no street sweeper truck coming. It seems no parking times only exists to give people tickets.

I would see prostitution legalized so I don't risk arrest every time I get horny