richnieh asked in SportsBaseball · 9 years ago

Which one of the following is a worse contract signing decision?

The Mets: investing or carrying huge hitters’ contract such as Jason Bay or Carlos Beltran etc. moving into Citifield.

The Phillies: investing huge pitchers’ contract nearly 70 millions per year in youknowwhom in Citizen bank park.

I know teams like to invest enough money to build a complete team but at least they need to get their priority right. If the Mets invested in both Lee and Hallday and the Phillies don’t pay those pitchers but keep Jayson Werth and sign Albert Pujols and a good back up second baseman, the result will be better for them. I mean if they can win more games, maybe they don’t have to lose Jose Reyes, Hunter Pence (probably don’t need him anyway), Shane Victorino (so much better playing with the Phillies) etc.

Favorite Answer

It is hard to pick of the two. Jason Bay hasn't done anything for the Mets and Lee & Halladay seem to be hittable now. I'm a Braves fan and I'm happy to see those signings not lead to a championship :-).

• ?

That's all 20-20 hind sight. The Mets did the right thing in ridding themselves of Reyes, he spent 2 of the last 5 seasons on the DL, each time missing virtually the entire season, where were you when that happened? Jason Bay and Carlos Beltran got hurt, and when a player is hurt they can't perform.

The Phillies won the NL East for 5 consecutive years and won a Championship with those moves, so how were they wrong.

I fail to understand your thinking.

• You are looking through the wrong end of the telescope at these signings and/or trades.

What is done, "is" done and can't be changed.

GM's always have to focus on the ongoing aspect of in the "now" of any trade and none have a crystal ball.

Easy to sit here in the here and now years later, and indulge in "what ifs" and "if onlys".

• ?

It relies upon on how lengthy you gave them to spay the canine. in case you gave them the canine on February twenty eighth that could be too short. in case you gave them weeks or months, then their habit is unacceptable. provide them the canine decrease back yet continuously verify decrease back on them. i'd recommend rewriting the settlement to operate that in the experience that they can not shop the canine they'll go back her decrease back to you, if it really is not already contained in the settlement. in case you'll left the canine with them and instructed them to, they could have maximum probable reported "Yeah, yeah" and promised they could, and the subsequent time you visit, the unspayed canine is on a chain with a muddle of doggies. If I were you i does not experience undesirable about what I did.

• ?

I think the worst contract signing was when the Cubs signed Soriano to that huge contract.

THe signing of Bobby V!