Is Tim Duncan the Greatest PF ever? HELP!?

My friend is being an idiot. He tells me that Tim Duncan is overrated and that Tim Duncan is actually a center, and the 8th best center in NBA history. That is complete crap seeing that in all of the spurs' playoff runs, he played the PF position. He played center sometimes, but he's been a PF the majority... show more My friend is being an idiot. He tells me that Tim Duncan is overrated and that Tim Duncan is actually a center, and the 8th best center in NBA history. That is complete crap seeing that in all of the spurs' playoff runs, he played the PF position. He played center sometimes, but he's been a PF the majority of his career. He keeps telling me that Tim could not hold a candle to Olajuwon, Shaq, Ewing, or Malone. I told him that Duncan is actually a better DEFENDER than Malone, Shaq and Ewing based off of All NBA Defensive selections. But he keeps coming back with, "Tim Duncan played in a weak era of big men." So basically, no matter what statistics I throw at him, or anything Duncan has done, all of it is irrelevant because Duncan's competition is much "weaker" than Malone, Ewing, Olajuwon, Robinson's competition. He's basically implying, due to the era Duncan has played in, he cannot be considered the best PF ever because his competition isn't as good than the competition in the 80's/90's. That is such BULLSH*T!! Someone please help me try to talk some sense to this guy.
10 answers 10