If Atheism isn't a religion, why are Atheists in the RELIGION AND SPIRITUALITY SECTION?

Is it because you BELIEVE THAT GOD DOES NOT EXIST, AND THEREBY HAVING A BELIEF SYSTEM? Sound familiar to a religion, Atheists?

Childish insults will be disregarded as immature comments from high school dropouts that have nothing better to do, and therefore proving my point.

I was not going to bother answering this question, as it lacks total insight into what atheism actually is and was, and even no knowledge of your own religion.

Did you know Christians were themselves one time seen as atheists because they denied the pagan gods?

I do not believe in any god of any kind, which makes my religion actually NONE.

Today the accepted meaning of atheist is one who lacks belief in a deity.

And you can play with words all you want, twist and ensue hidden meaning but the fact is we are here, we do not agree with everything and we maintain some type of balance.

Last time we left you lot alone to run amok we now call those years the dark ages.

I'm in R&S because I can be, and this website doesn't restrict me from doing so. I go to other categories too; what's your point?

Also, how would someone being a high school dropout, prove your point of atheists supposedly having a religion (which we don't)?

To me, a belief is like an opinion, but doesn't have to be a full blown religion. Like I could say, "I believe cupcakes are delicious" but you don't see me worshiping a chocolate cupcake with vanilla icing and sprinkles.

Why we are in the Religion and Spirituality section is very simple. We protect our beliefs against those who believe that our beliefs have no value because we don't believe in God and God is the main focus of religion.

Source(s): I don't like small minded people like you who say "You're not a Christian, therefore you are a devil worshiping sinner"

"Childish insults will be disregarded as immature comments from high school dropouts that have nothing better to do, and therefore proving my point."

Copying and pasting unoriganal crap is the sign of childishness sweetie...

So you have already accomplished that...

Oh, did you have a point???? Sorry, missed it...

Troll...

IMHO

This is your second question? I guess you hadn't seen the 155 times this question has been asked already. In the last 24 hours, there have been 228 questions directed at or about atheists - who would answer those questions if we weren't here? And I'm going to take a page from your book and yell back at you - THIS SECTION IS NOT ***FOR*** THE RELIGIOUS AND SPIRITUAL. THIS SECTION IS ***ABOUT*** RELIGION AND SPIRITUALITY. I have opinions about those things and I damn well can be here any time I want to be.

If you don't own a cat, why are you in the CATS SECTION?

This site is for answering questions or asking questions, and we don't need to be a part of a religion to answer or ask questions pertaining to religion, just like people who don't even own cats can post in the cat section if they feel like it.

• sabra

lol "ordinary"? you propose c'mon? "Atheists are making ninety 5% of the insults right here" bullshit, not something else to assert, it really is only finished and utter horseshit. we are only discussing faith and our lack or faith, some people are non secular, regardless of the reality that not non secular. faith is mostly negative. "it may seem that hypocrisy is a midsection atheistic fee, may it not?" how? what's the concept for this declare? we do not have a longtime moral code, we make our own, what's this "atheistic fee"? "there is not any god" is a declare, not a fee

• Well technically, this isn't really your point, is it? This has been posted many times here. I just like to see funny posts here. Since your saying something multiple people have already said, I will too: If people aren't cats, why are there people in the CATS SECTION?

• Kevin

I'm here because i'm interested in hearing others points of view. I'm not here to convince others to alter or abandon their beliefs. Just because I don't believe in a religion or God myself, doesn't mean I don't have an interest in why others do, and what that means to them.

• Caesar

If you ask question to atheist who you want to answer them...some invisible friend?

I believe leprechauns don't exist, is not a religion... if you were not a troll i will explain the definition of religion...