What do you do when something you worked hard at gets ruined, how to keep from getting disappointed?

Oh wise ones. We have all had those times when we created something & someone messed it up on purpose or my mistake or accident. We have had other disappointments that have happened that just can't be avoided or replaced. Once I heard financial advisor Suze Orman tell a father whose daughter wouldn't... show more Oh wise ones. We have all had those times when we created something & someone messed it up on purpose or my mistake or accident. We have had other disappointments that have happened that just can't be avoided or replaced.

Once I heard financial advisor Suze Orman tell a father whose daughter wouldn't repay money she borrowed from him, to go to her house & walk out with her TV. It was shocking & so funny but she was serious. She told him that his daughter would get the tv back when she gave him some money back. It feels good to get even rather than get angry or to find a blessing in a pile of poop.

What matters now is how we see it. How do you soothe yourself or others who experience disappointment. I think people like the "make my day" Clint Eastwood attitude cause it does feel better to be able to get revenge than to just do nothing. Realistically we don't shoot others so how do you take the high road in this situations?

BQ- I was actually looking for wise ways to feel better when disappointed but while typing the question it came to me that positive revenge can be really positive. I once stuck a hammer under the sheets where my husband lays down to sleep because he nailed a picture up & wouldn't put the hammer back after 2 weeks. He put it back & didn't do it again for a while & then I stuck things on the seat of his favorite chair. So tell us how to teach someone a lesson without nagging.
Update: "J" I was going through a really hard time where he was taking me for granted & I was sick with diabetes to a point where I was drained it would have helped if he would have helped me but he never did. So the hammer is just an example. He became a full fledged hoarder. We have a son who died & I know it... show more "J" I was going through a really hard time where he was taking me for granted & I was sick with diabetes to a point where I was drained it would have helped if he would have helped me but he never did. So the hammer is just an example. He became a full fledged hoarder. We have a son who died & I know it had to do with him being afraid to "let go" of anything so he kept everything. I was so literally sick & tired that I had to do something other than tell him or put it away myself. By the way he has about 10 hammers.
Update 2: P.L. I agree with you. There are ways to teach a lesson or get something done. I am not really a revengful person. I feel everything I do & I want to feel great!