Will cloud computing eliminate any IT jobs?

Favorite Answer

I have answered a lot of questions about IT employment in my time with Windows IT Pro Magazine, Training and Certification Magazine and in the Yahoo Answers forums. I have found that many IT students and graduates are often given all kinds of bogus information about employment by their well-meaning friends and relatives. To demonstrate that you only have to do is say that you are planning to be get a degree in IT at any social gathering and you will have people telling you some of the following myths:

1. All those IT jobs are all being sent overseas (outsourced).

2. IT jobs are going away because of the “Cloud”.

3. The iPad and iPhone will eliminate the need for computer professionals.

4. Virtual computers eliminate the need for people working on computer hardware.

Here is a cloud related quote from Steve Wozniak (an American computer engineer and programmer who founded Apple with Steve Jobs and Ronald Wayne.)

“I really worry about everything going to the cloud," he said. "I think it's going to be horrendous. I think there are going to be a lot of horrible problems in the next five years. With the cloud, you don't own anything. You already signed it away" through the legalistic terms of service with a cloud provider that computer users must agree to. I want to feel that I own things," Wozniak said. "A lot of people feel, 'Oh, everything is really on my computer,' but I say the more we transfer everything onto the web, onto the cloud, the less we're going to have control over it."

So you see that even one of Computing’s great thinkers believes the Cloud will have its limitations.

As a computer professional you will need to retrain, reinvent and flex with new incoming technology. After all, working with new stuff is probably one of the elements that attracted you to the Technology field to begin with.

Best wishes!

Source(s): 16 years IT systems engineer in Fortune 50 company Bachelors degree in CIS 21 Microsoft certifications, MCSE and MCT A+ Security+ CompTIA certifications IT Published magazine author of 200+ magazine articles IT book and magazine technical editor

Wow, you adult men trully haven't any clue! that's largely because economics instructions tutor you the end results of a revenues tax, which maximum anybody is remarkable in describing the end results of, and by no skill a revenue tax, which uncomplicated monetary theory says that revenue do not even exist! the completed theory of taxing revenue is that no longer some thing truly will ensue. revenue is an further over prices, and has no longer some thing to do with the earnings maximizing output and fee of the agency. that's real in a aggressive agency, yet besides in oligopoly, even if there are some complicated circumstances the position there are exceptions. Now, there some following exceptions: revenue would properly be so low that vendors will do some thing else with their funds. they could placed it in bonds, different organizations. even if, few people personal inventory according to dividends. And the actual incontrovertible actuality that organizations now pay so little tax means that we likely are nowhere close to that aspect. company taxes turned right into a lot more beneficial contained in the previous. in case you boost the capital useful factors tax, then people would decrease the quantity of funding in capital, yet back, organizations pay few taxes and the captial useful factors tax turned right into a lot more beneficial contained in the previous.

• Judy

Not likely. Why would it?